Anyone know how to fix a 1970 300 window switch..or have one for sale?

Northcoast300h

Reaction score
Driver door window switch is flopping around like the springs are shot and I have to play with it for window to work. Once a positive connection is made, window goes down and up fast so motor should be OK. The other windows work fine. Its not the wire connections since I hard wired each connection 20 years ago so they don't come loose. Anyone know how to fix just the switch mechanism? If not, does anyone have a master window control in very good condition? Thanks for your help.
IMG_E1911.JPG

I still rebuild the '69 and later PW switches. I USED to rebuild at least 5 sets per month, but with the fire in Paradise CA melting all of my parts, combined with the release of the Chinese repros, cut that back to maybe 2 sets per year. Because of that I quit buying up all the spares for parts. I still have enough to do a few though.

Classic Industries sells a repop switch now. Using one in my Charger 500, works great.

Big_John made a tutorial about how to make the switches relay-operated:

Power Window Relays, now with Power Vents

Helped me a great deal when I had similar problems.

Anyone know where I can get a Chicom POS single switch?
I've got one missing in the rear. Would not mind filling that hole even though the switch will not be used a lot.

And do not bother with a Chicom knockoff, they are a POS.

Dave
The double edged sword of off shore repops shows its ugly head again.

People cry "we need reproduction parts!" and then when someone answers the call, they get made in China (or elsewhere) and like most of the repop parts, are of marginal quality. Some work and some fail miserably. No warranty on electrical parts.

If they were made well, the price point would go up and everyone would cry "It's too much money!" and they wouldn't sell.

pogo-met-the-enemy.0.1505425927.jpg

/rant off

Back