Anyone know this NYB??

The seller just sent me a picture of the Data plate: give it to me straight Johnny!! Could one of you fine gentlemen give me a breakdown please??

40FFB558-F810-493C-8E25-8A38AD34ED82.jpeg

Last edited:
Lovely hole you got there... but....

You keep showin off you hole and people around here will start calling you something that ain’t nice.... LOL

So far:
M51 Power sunroof vinyl top
V1W Vinyl roof white
N94 ESAw/cat/con 75/up
P31 Power Windows
P41 Power Door Locks
N88 Auto speed cntr
G25 Man vent windows
H53 Single air/temp/ac
L31 hd/gen mount turn signals
L81 Door ajar indicator lamp
L35 Corning lamps (cornering perhaps???)
D34 TorqueFlite Trans

I presume 524 is May 24
And 239532 is body or sequence number.

Taken from www.mopar1.us/build.html#lights
Hope this is of some assistance.

Here's something to consider in regards to naming your New Yorker.
With good reason, our C bodies are considered big boats. Your ship rolled off the line on May 24th, which is the anniversary of the German battleship Bismarck sinking the British battle cruiser HMS Hood. You could name it something related to the events on that historic day.

Here's something to consider in regards to naming your New Yorker.
With good reason, our C bodies are considered big boats. Your ship rolled off the line on May 24th, which is the anniversary of the German battleship Bismarck sinking the British battle cruiser HMS Hood. You could name it something related to the events on that historic day.
Hmmm!! I like that idea, I’ll do some thinking on that one.

So far:
M51 Power sunroof vinyl top
V1W Vinyl roof white
N94 ESAw/cat/con 75/up
P31 Power Windows
P41 Power Door Locks
N88 Auto speed cntr
G25 Man vent windows
H53 Single air/temp/ac
L31 hd/gen mount turn signals
L81 Door ajar indicator lamp
L35 Corning lamps (cornering perhaps???)
D34 TorqueFlite Trans

I presume 524 is May 24
And 239532 is body or sequence number.

Taken from www.mopar1.us/build.html#lights
Hope this is of some assistance.
With the data tag tell me if it has rear disc brakes? Or is that only on imperials?

It should list all things needing to be installed on that vehicle I would think, others know more than me. That said, brake codes start with B and I can't see that on your tag, of course there may have been a safety pack option including 4 wheel discs which I have no knowledge of.

G63 is a remote control right convex mirror according to the 1980 options list (Canadian) and as the standard brakes for 1980 are front disc rear drum it seems unlikely rear discs were available in 1977 but...

Last edited:
Rear discs are for Imperials only... sorry, you dodged that bullet... don't worry, everything else is still a PITA to find parts for her.

Rear discs are for Imperials only... sorry, you dodged that bullet... don't worry, everything else is still a PITA to find parts for her.

Yep, only 74-75 Imps had the rear disc brake option. Chrysler went back to the rear drum brake on the 76-78 C-bodies.

When does she arrive from Las Vegas?
Spoke with the shipper yesterday, told him I’m waiting for the check to arrive to the seller. Mailed it out Saturday, he should have it today or tomorrow, clear the bank by Friday. Shipper said he’ll schedule me for next week, 7-10 days from then... SO! I’m guessing first week of 2019 .. lol, I’m good with that though..

Since I’m going to register her with vintage plates like my current, I was thinking these: I could call her “Jackie”
65787B6F-C1EF-47A6-B2D7-240699CEC0DB.png
Or! If the color had been FK5! These would have worked.
D01E9EA5-9A92-4E94-8D38-07341E0A0B0E.png

But it’ll be Vintage plates either way.

Back