Anyone Order TOP CAT inner window seal whiskers? ‘65-‘68 2dr HT

HWYCRZR

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just ordered the Felt inner whiskers for my ‘68 Polara 2 dr HT. (Mount to top of interior door panels). I am not sure if I got the right set. The bag had been taped shut, like it had been opened and re-sealed. It came with four pieces. The Dodge and Chrysler 2 dr HT should and Plymouth fastop should contain 6 pieces if I use the original as a comparison.
What I received was only four pieces. The front are perfect. The one piece rears I received are too long.
Or is this another example of Vendors not knowing their applications.
I also sent Dante’s an e-mail asking the same as I purchased through them on E-bay.

Original on table. New on plastic.
D6E97D11-E98E-4297-8ADD-C84CBCFF653D.jpeg
F453A225-CBE9-44F5-9A86-0957C23B0FDB.jpeg
A5D4FFB2-CA5F-4718-A570-19BAB196F0CA.jpeg

I ordered the outers a few years ago. They are perfect. The front inner is perfect as well. Just the back is wrong.

Mine were good, of course that was a couple days ago..................

I just ordered the Felt inner whiskers for my ‘68 Polara 2 dr HT. (Mount to top of interior door panels). I am not sure if I got the right set. The bag had been taped shut, like it had been opened and re-sealed. It came with four pieces. The Dodge and Chrysler 2 dr HT should and Plymouth fastop should contain 6 pieces if I use the original as a comparison.
What I received was only four pieces. The front are perfect. The one piece rears I received are too long.
Or is this another example of Vendors not knowing their applications.
I also sent Dante’s an e-mail asking the same as I purchased through them on E-bay.

Original on table. New on plastic.
View attachment 258115 View attachment 258116 View attachment 258117
The set you received is not for the fastop body style. You got standard 2 door hardtop. Order part 200508 67-68 fastop set.
Dave
Quirey Quality design
Manufacturer

Thanks Dave @QQE.
The discriptions are sometimes nebulous and I didn’t see Fastop anywhere. After all this time I should know better than order something that covers so many years and models knowing that all ‘67 -‘68 2 dr Dodge and Chrysler are the Fastop even though all manuals call them 2dr Ht. Only the couple of Plymouth models are actually called Fastop.
Edit
When I googled that number it looks like those are the outers, or both inner and outers. It says 8 pieces? Which inner and outer should be 10 pieces unless the Fastop version doesn’t include the Felt on the sail panels

Last edited:
Thanks Dave @QQE.
The discriptions are sometimes nebulous and I didn’t see Fastop anywhere. After all this time I should know better than order something that covers so many years and models knowing that all ‘67 -‘68 2 dr Dodge and Chrysler are the Fastop even though all manuals call them 2dr Ht. Only the couple of Plymouth models are actually called Fastop.
Edit
When I googled that number it looks like those are the outers, or both inner and outers. It says 8 pieces? Which inner and outer should be 10 pieces unless the Fastop version doesn’t include the Felt on the sail panels
That is actually a 10 piece kit. You will have to reuse that unique clip on the rear inners since I can’t find them anywhere
Dave

Are the the inners available separately? I already have the outers (TopCat) that I ordered a few years ago installed.
Thank you

The Guru has spoken. Dave has gotten all of my business since 2007 when he first hooked me up. Excellent product, knowledgable, and a stand up guy.

Now if only I could get the whiskers, as well as all of the weatherstripping I need for a '68 4 door hardtop Fury. It seems you have a better chance with a 4 door sedan than a 4 door hardtop. I've even wondered if I might be able to buy two 2 door hardtop kits and cut the long ones to size?

Your rear inners are on the way to you. Our winter storm may delay them a bit
Dave
Thanks Dave,
Appreciate the support and feedback from you as well as Dante's.
These pieces are not holding Me back at the moment. I have enough other little things to complete before the snow goes away.

I have not been able to find a door weatherstripping kit for a 4 door hardtop 1968 Plymouth Fury.

Back