Anyone Purchase Touch Up Paint From TCP Global?

Sport Fury 67

Reaction score
I have some small stone chips and other areas I would like to touch up before the big C-body show in Volo this summer. The local Sherwin Williams auto paint store could not find a formulation in their system with several different paint mfg's codes I brought in. I see from the other comments on the site the best way to match it to take a piece off the car and bring it in for a scan.

As a fall back option, has anyone purchased touch up from TCP Global on line using the color chip library and where you OK - pleased with the color match?

The color is Golden Fawn - KY4 for reference

Eng Compart VIN Plate.jpg

I bought some red acrylic enamel for the interior of my '65 Barracuda. I was very happy with the paint match to the original paint.

Color match is always a crap shoot. Metallic colors especially. Solid colors are more forgiving but an exact match out of the can is unlikely. Yes you can touch up a chip and be satisfied. You can blend a panel and be happy but you will almost never be able to panel paint and get a perfect match. There are too many factors involved such as fading of the surrounding finish, changing formulas due to different toners, spray techniques i.e. air pressure, distance of the gun to the surface etc. Yes you can take a piece in for a computer match but that's not exact either. Sometimes a color will look good straight on but the side tone (looking down the side of the car) will be way dark or light. To the original poster your paint supplier should be able to call Sherwin Williams archive dept. and get just about any formula. At least you can do that with PPG.

I bought two quarts of interior paint (two different colors) from their restoration shop. Neither one of them were in the same universe as the original colors.

Have never bought touch up paint from them. Always bought gallons using their color library and it was always right on. First it was PPG SS until they stopped shipping in California and after that their brand which I have shipped to Reno.

Back