Anyone running Accurate Exhaust Products' C-body muffler?

WissaMan

Reaction score
Northeast PA, 10 minutes from Knoebels Grove
Going to be installing dual exhaust on our 300 this spring and I'm trying to decide on a muffler. I'd like something that would be a little more growly than stock, but definitely want to keep the exhaust note at a level where we don't have to compete against it when talking in the car. Also definitely don't want highway drone.

I notice AEP makes a "C-body" muffler and I'm thinking that might be the ticket but am curious if anyone here is running them. I got to their site in the first place from reading another thread here about some people running their "hemi" mufflers. I'd consider those too if they aren't too wild.

FYI for the exhaust I'll be going with the TTi 2.5" kit with H- pipe

Thanks

I ran a pair of Accurate C-body mufflers on my 66 Fury 440. A very deep but not loud tone. They were great sounding. Accurate chose them because they best duplicated the factory GTX type sound.

Nice thread.. I’ll be putting new exhaust on my 77 NYB this spring as well.. I too am curious what others are / have been using.. I have 50 series Flowmasters on my 75.. looking for something different for my 77.. not looking for “quite” but not muscle car rumble either. Should I stay with stock Single or spruce it up a bit with Duels? Thoughts?

I just installed a complete Accurate system from manifold to "tips" including "Accurate" mufflers on a 71 GT. I had to cut and weld some parts but overall it's fine. The mufflers sound good, deep rumble but not too loud.

If you want an OEM set up, I would look at Waldren's. I believe Dave Arent had a pattern made for his 71 GT sunroof car, and it's on file there.

But the Accurate system is perfectly find for a driver. It was under $900 I think.

p.s. the kit comes with ALL the correct style clamps, bolts and capture washers, for the exhaust manifold flange, etc.

Last edited:
I just installed a complete Accurate system from manifold to "tips" including "Accurate" mufflers on a 71 GT. I had to cut and weld some parts but overall it's fine. The mufflers sound good, deep rumble but not too loud.

If you want an OEM set up, I would look at Waldren's. I believe Dave Arent had a pattern made for his 71 GT sunroof car, and it's on file there.

But the Accurate system is perfectly find for a driver. It was under $900 I think.
I’m not hopeful that they’ll have a kit for a 77 Cbody, might be able piece one together though. But I’ll give them a shout anyway.. thx

I have 50 series Flowmasters on my 75.. looking for something different for my 77.. not looking for “quite” but not muscle car rumble either. Should I stay with stock Single or spruce it up a bit with Duels? Thoughts?
I stayed with the single exhaust and stock type muffler on my NYB.
NYB'S should be seen, not heard.

I went with the “high flow hemi” B body mufflers from accurate. Had a local muffler shop make up the piping, and install. I love the mufflers! Sound just as a mopar should. Nice throaty growl. Not too loud, but bark decent when you get on it.

Not the best video, but give an idea...

That does have a nice sound. And that Bluesmobile is AWESOME! I'd love to know the story of your car build. Do you have a thread on this forum somewhere with some background?

I’m glad you like it, thank you!

Ask and shall receive lol. I have quite the saga of it posted here-
The Bluesmobile

Back