AR Torque Thrust Ds Price Cut!

Snotty

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have said that the TQ D is my favorite wheel, and if they would ever drop in price I would buy a set. That day has come!

I was perusing the latest Jegs sales catalog when i saw them advertised for 80 bucks for 13s. I thought, "No way!" So I went on their web site and looked for 15x7, 5x4.5 bolt pattern. What did I see? $101.97!!! I fell of my seat! I then checked with Summit and they were offering the same price. I am now waiting for them to arrive at my front door! Price with free shipping was $407.98. I am ecstatic! They've been hovering at the $175 price for years, and were as recently as August 2015 over $190. See the picture below.

I asked an American Racing Salesman at the Western Street-rod Nats in Bakersfield when they would ever go on sale? He said when their backlog stopped being 6 months long. I guess it has!

I will be selling my slots once I get some new tires, but that will be after my Daughter's wedding on April 29. We don't know the total cost for that yet. :)

Check out the price on those wheels; that was for 15x6.5 in August, 2015. Sheesh!
20150807_164034.jpg

I will be selling these eventually if any of you would be interested. They are "Shelby CAL 500s," yes, Ford wheels. No, contrary to popular opinion, they will not fall off of your Mopar hubs. I've had these on for 12 years. However, they will not fit on stock front drums without spacers. (The tires will be coming with them, but they are 12 years old and have good wear on them.)
20140516_122201.jpg

I couldn't wait and bought them 9 years ago. The look great on so many old American cars

I couldn't wait and bought them 9 years ago. The look great on so many old American cars
I always have to wait for the wife's permission. I actually got it last night!! Whoo-hoo! But, it is she who said I have to wait until after our daughter's wedding to buy the tires.

This is the FIRST TIME I have EVER bought the wheels that I wanted! The slots were a substitute. The wheels I had put on my Cordoba and the '62 New Yorker were substitutes. The wheels i put on my old VW were the ones I could afford. I never put any on my Challenger. I am quite excited!!!

I wanted Road wheels and couldn't wait. These I also wanted but I want to do right for the Dodge and do the roadies asap

Nice. I decided on painted 15x7 chry fifth ave steelies with dog dishes because these were too expensive. Glad the price went down.

Got em cheap. Junkyard only wanted $7 per wheel, and i got a set of four 68 plymouth dog dish caps at my local flea market for $35. I'm into my rollers for $63 lol. I still gotta sandblast and paint em body color and get some tires on em yet

sweet i like them five spokes americans , have a number of the vintage ones alloy alum and magnesium as well . have a pair of 15x8.5's , would be a great time to purchase a pair to match . the wait would not be an issue . but summit b/o's stuff then drops that part number for another at a higher price , happened to me a couple times . hope there better now . i found a shop on the net that had year back when i bought some tto's and shipped free on a set (4) purchase after summit , did it to me . b/o is hold your breath n wait .

bryan , me ? heres a couple pics of mine . they are mounts but never run . carrman , great man , heres my 67 300 rag with vintage ones on her . these eary rims are 1 1/4 pos offset to widen the track of the car . these newer d's are only 1'' pos offset , every 1/4 inch counts , lol .

DSC03371.JPG

DSC03372.JPG

DSC09265.JPG

DSC09267.JPG

DSC09268.JPG

bryan , me ? heres a couple pics of mine . they are mounts but never run . carrman , great man , heres my 67 300 rag with vintage ones on her . these eary rims are 1 1/4 pos offset to widen the track of the car . these newer d's are only 1'' pos offset , every 1/4 inch counts , lol .
That was meant for Snotty. I might be interested in his slotted ones when he gets his new ones, depending on if I can afford shipping ect...

sweet i like them five spokes americans , have a number of the vintage ones alloy alum and magnesium as well . have a pair of 15x8.5's , would be a great time to purchase a pair to match . the wait would not be an issue . but summit b/o's stuff then drops that part number for another at a higher price , happened to me a couple times . hope there better now . i found a shop on the net that had year back when i bought some tto's and shipped free on a set (4) purchase after summit , did it to me . b/o is hold your breath n wait .
Jegs is selling them for the same price if you'd want another option.

That was meant for Snotty. I might be interested in his slotted ones when he gets his new ones, depending on if I can afford shipping ect...
If you're in North Dakota, perhaps we could meet in the middle. :)

Back