are all 65 4drs hardtops?

RCB

Reaction score
So I've just bought both a 65 fury wagon and a fury 4dr parts car. Both fury IIIs. The 4dr is a hardtop. I had no idea they were like that. Are they all like that?

For your Fury edification, refer to FCBOs favorite reference site. ☺️
The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - 1965 Plymouth Dealership Data Book - Fury

65_Fury0001.jpg

I'm sure you could either get a sedan or a hdtp 4 door but only a sedan in wagon form. 99% on this without reference material.

Yes, the C body Fury III could be had as a 4 door hardtop or sedan from 1965 through to 1974. The Fury I and II series never offered a 4 door hardtop.

The intermediate B body Belvedere, introduced for 1965, never offered a 4 door hardtop, only the 4 door sedan.

Interesting. I didn't know 4dr hardtop were made that late (74). All I ever saw were the post cars. To be honest it's nice enough I hate to use it as a parts car. 1 owner with the original transfer title. It was for sale as a demo car but they hadn't stripped it down yet.

Last edited:
The very last year for the Plymouth 4 door hardtop was 1976.

1974 was the last year for the Fury I, Fury II and Fury III. They were replaced for 1975 by the Gran Fury Special, Gran Fury, and Gran Fury Custom. The top line was the Gran Fury Brougham. Both the Custom and Brougham had a 4 door hardtop. For 1976 both 4 door hardtop models were gone.

Have always liked the 4 door hardtops more than the sedans. The Plymouth and Dodge 4 door hardtops usually appeared more sporty than the Chrysler and Imperial models, which were more formal.

Bill, what 4 dr. sedans were avail. tween 74 & 78?

For Plymouth 4dr sedans -
1974 - Fury - Police, Taxi, I, II, III
1975 - Gran Fury - Police, Taxi, Special, (base), Custom
1976 - Gran Fury - Police, (base), Custom, Brougham
1977 - Gran Fury - Police, (base), Brougham
1978 - No C body line

Back