Are Fuselage Mopars Most Sarce Generation?

Do you have a pic of the exterior of this car?

Dave

I have many,...but try this link,...if you saw it in person, you'd want it!

Sport Fury GT Pics

It's the lower right hand photo. After taking that shot I fixed the reflective GT on the front, by installing them. So it has the correct reflective GT decal now FYI.

I have six C bodies. Two 72's (Imperial & Monaco) and four 73's (Imperial, Monaco, Newport, & Polara). I've purchased them all within the last 4 years - and I've got to tell you - if they're out there, I sure can't find many to choose from and I haven't seen any I would have purchased after getting what I got for the few I did find.

It also seems that the owners of these cars that I have found are also very afraid of selling their cars to derby guys as all of the cars I purchased need a lot of love to bring them back. The owners I have bought from realize that there are a LOT of derbies still going on, and they don't want their car ending up that way - and I totally get it. It seems like I got the third degree almost every time I purchased one of these six - and I'm fine with that, I do get it - the tough work for me is right in front of me. Trying to find parts to bring each of these five back to as new condition as I possibly can is my goal, but I know it's going to be a really tall order as there just aren't a lot of high quality NOS parts out there for C bodies. Emblems, lenses, weatherstripping, rubber pieces, glass, and exterior stainless pieces are almost non existent. Five of the six are coupes, so I think I've got my work cut out for me as I have said.

I certainly have not regretted buying into the C body thing. These are really wonderful cars, extremely comfortable with just enough Mopar weirdness mixed in. I mean, who doesn't like rim blow steering wheels on a tilt telescopic steering wheel? Pure genius. Or a separate lever on an almost hidden part of the dash to move an antennae almost all the way down, but certainly all the way up? Makes no sense, but that's what I call cool. Then there's the ridiculous amount of space in the engine compartment - especially if you've got a small block in one of these big rigs. There aren't cars built today that you can open the hood and have that kind of room. And then there are the motors in these rides. Did Mopar ever make a bad engine? If they did, I'm not aware of it. I've got a mix of 440 & 400 big block as well as 360 small blocks and the motors in these things are just fantastic.

I have six C bodies. Two 72's (Imperial & Monaco) and four 73's (Imperial, Monaco, Newport, & Polara). I've purchased them all within the last 4 years - and I've got to tell you - if they're out there, I sure can't find many to choose from and I haven't seen any I would have purchased after getting what I got for the few I did find.

It also seems that the owners of these cars that I have found are also very afraid of selling their cars to derby guys as all of the cars I purchased need a lot of love to bring them back. The owners I have bought from realize that there are a LOT of derbies still going on, and they don't want their car ending up that way - and I totally get it. It seems like I got the third degree almost every time I purchased one of these six - and I'm fine with that, I do get it - the tough work for me is right in front of me. Trying to find parts to bring each of these five back to as new condition as I possibly can is my goal, but I know it's going to be a really tall order as there just aren't a lot of high quality NOS parts out there for C bodies. Emblems, lenses, weatherstripping, rubber pieces, glass, and exterior stainless pieces are almost non existent. Five of the six are coupes, so I think I've got my work cut out for me as I have said.

I certainly have not regretted buying into the C body thing. These are really wonderful cars, extremely comfortable with just enough Mopar weirdness mixed in. I mean, who doesn't like rim blow steering wheels on a tilt telescopic steering wheel? Pure genius. Or a separate lever on an almost hidden part of the dash to move an antennae almost all the way down, but certainly all the way up? Makes no sense, but that's what I call cool. Then there's the ridiculous amount of space in the engine compartment - especially if you've got a small block in one of these big rigs. There aren't cars built today that you can open the hood and have that kind of room. And then there are the motors in these rides. Did Mopar ever make a bad engine? If they did, I'm not aware of it. I've got a mix of 440 & 400 big block as well as 360 small blocks and the motors in these things are just fantastic.

DeMopuar, where is "Gods Country"? Photos would be welcome (its OK if they are not show pieces yet)! You have great taste, which I share. I also have some 1973 Imperials and Monacos. Some of my favorites.

You don't really see sh** for CBodies in New England at all but I can say after my year long search for my Monaco that I was surprised at how few Fuselage cars were out there. Formals I expected to be scarce if only that I was used to them being parked in garages and forgotten.
Back in the late 90's it seemed that I found a ton of fusies just driving around looking and generally the prices were way better than Slabs. .. ugh, thinking of the cars I could have bought!

Agreed, there is not much in New England, and when you find one in these parts they are full of rust. I have been trying to find a 69 Monaco or polara for about 17 years in these parts with no luck. I am still kicking myself to this day for getting rid of my 72 fury iii 440 I had bought in the mid 90s, bought it for 500 bucks in those days and it had almost no rust too. I had tried to buy a 69 fury in Connecticut a few years back that had been sitting ina garage since the 80s and had the cash in hand and was going to pay full price and the guy said he decided to keep it as i was flashing the cash, it was his fathers car and changed his mind about selling.

Agreed, there is not much in New England, and when you find one in these parts they are full of rust. I have been trying to find a 69 Monaco or polara for about 17 years in these parts with no luck. I am still kicking myself to this day for getting rid of my 72 fury iii 440 I had bought in the mid 90s, bought it for 500 bucks in those days and it had almost no rust too. I had tried to buy a 69 fury in Connecticut a few years back that had been sitting ina garage since the 80s and had the cash in hand and was going to pay full price and the guy said he decided to keep it as i was flashing the cash, it was his fathers car and changed his mind about selling.

Anything in NE in good shape or bad that spent it's life here especially is very rare.
When I found my 69 Fury for sale in NY state I knew when I saw it it was first of all extremely hard to find model in any condition ,never mind rust free. I knew he was asking too much but he knew what he had. He said one person came to look at it for their son in high school as they thought it was so big the little darling would be safe. In other words a derby car of sorts for the street and salt. I talked him down abit. I think he was happy I was there because I wanted a C body. He knew I had a big garage for her and would care for it the way he did. I still paid abit more than I should have but compared to what you have to pay for worse condition or horribly altered Chevy's ,Fords etc this is peanuts. I think these days with the internet and such a steal for a C body maybe starting to come to and end. I never thought about getting a collector type car to make money. I got my Fury because that is what I wanted. Anything under 20,000.00 is really an entry level price range for a collector car these days it seems.

A few years ago i was driving around with my friend and i saw Two 69 Furys for sale. I didn't even know what they really wore at first because i never saw one in person. I told my Dad about them and he was as curious as i was. Even though they were simple 4 Doors, it was still a rare mopar to us. There were alot of junkyards where i live and None of them ever really had any Fusies. Plenty of Slabs.

Here is my 69, its only a 4 door 318, but still beautiful,58,000 miles, no rust anywhere.

1969 dodge front.jpg

Why do you say "only a 4 door"? She is a beauty and I wished I had vent windows. Thanks for posting.

Here is my 69, its only a 4 door 318, but still beautiful,58,000 miles, no rust anywhere.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with a 318 either... I agree with the others, nice car... and fuel economy that you don't have to feel bad about.

Cars like that are why i never make it over to the rows of "E" bodies at Carlisle. I find the big cars far more interesting. The 69 Fury III is one of my favs.

Dodge Phoenix
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not to be confused with Pontiac Phoenix.
Dodge Phoenix

1960 Dodge PD4 Phoenix
Overview
Manufacturer
Chrysler Australia
Production 1960 to 1972
Assembly Mile End, Australia
Tonsley Park, Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Body and chassis
Class
Full-size
Body style 4-door sedan
4-door hardtop
Layout FR layout
Related Dodge Dart
Dodge 440
Plymouth Fury
Powertrain
Engine
318 cu in (5.2 L) V8
383 cu in (6.3 L) V8
Transmission 3spd automatic
Dimensions
Wheelbase
(1968) 119.0 in (3023 mm) [1]
Length (1968) 213.1 in (5413 mm) [1]
Width (1968) 77.7 in (1974 mm) [1]
Chronology
Predecessor
Dodge Custom Royal
Successor Chrysler by Chrysler
The Dodge Phoenix is an automobile which was produced by Chrysler Australia from 1960 to 1972.

The Phoenix was introduced in May 1960 as an Australian assembled version [2] of the American Dodge Dart,[3] positioned above the locally developed Chrysler Royal as Chrysler Australia’s luxury model. It borrowed its name from the top Dart, the Dodge Dart Phoenix, but unlike its American namesake it was offered only as a four-door sedan [4] and only with a 318 cubic inch V8 engine.[4]

The Phoenix was subsequently restyled in line with the 1961 and 1962 Dodge Dart. For 1963 the new TD2 series Phoenix was derived from the US Dodge 440,[5] and for 1965 and beyond the Phoenix was based on the Canadian Plymouth Fury III.[6] Like the 1965 Fury, the 1965 Phoenix featured vertically stacked headlamps.[3] A four-door hardtop body style joined the sedan in 1967.[4] The hardtop was fitted with a 383 cubic inch V8 engine [4] whilst the sedan continued with the smaller 318 cubic inch V8.[4] The two body styles continued to be offered until the Australian Phoenix was discontinued.[7] In addition, variants of the slightly longer U.S. station wagon were sold from the beginning for duty as hearses. Eventually, these were modified with two doors and oversized rear quarter windows, in the British hearse tradition.

Although the 1965 and later Phoenixes were basically Plymouth Furys, they did feature the North American style full size Dodge Polara instrument panel (adapted for right hand drive). They also continued to use the old-fashioned "clapper" windshield wipers (while North American models used modern parallel-action wipers).

After the Phoenix was discontinued, the Australian developed Chrysler by Chrysler inherited the role of the top level luxury model in Chrysler Australia's model range.

Is the swept back radio antenna stock on the car? Never seen that before.

Back