Arlo Guthrie’s tour busses then & now

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
2133FFC7-3B16-45A6-B154-B98D88D5244A.jpeg
D4E6E088-2CB1-40DA-BEED-08048D0479DF.jpeg
Singer Arlo Guthrie who had popular hits “City of New Orleans” what a great song that is. And also another of my favorites “Alice’s Restaurant”. He still owns the two old blue busses & said he hopes to restore them someday. And he is aware that will cost him a small fortune. The newer busses he probably leases

THAT would be awesome! Does he still tour much? We saw him at Big Top Chautauqua in Bayfield, WI years ago. He was great!

Bus on the right is a Eagle model 1. The other is a Gray Hound conversion of a MCI/ GMC scenic cruiser

Internet says Arlo is worth about $10M. I am too .... in a parallel universe somewhere. :)

I hope he does fix his '72 Eagle and '54 PD 4501 (which isnt listed on the directory of known Scenicruisers left) but they look like they havent moved in decades (8 inches in the ground, maybe thats just the leaves?), in a place where seasons change (Wikipedia says Massachusetts) -- and that might take some lettuce to get em back on the road.

00-1-2-2-2.jpg

00-1-2-2-3.jpg

Arlo Guthrie Recollects About His Old Touring Buses ~ THE BIGFOOT DIARIES

... but they look like they havent moved in decades (8 inches in the ground, maybe thats just the leaves?), in a place where seasons change (Wikipedia says Massachusetts) -- and that might take some lettuce to get em back on the road.

Judging by the new growth in front of the coaches, I suspect you are right.

We decided that one big pile was better than two little ones, and rather than bring that bus up we decided to throw our bus down...

:)

Back