Arrived home safely

Glad you're back safely. Did you see any Imperials or noteworthy C bodies in Hawaii? I would imagine there is a cluster of enthusiasts there somewhere.

Glad you're back safely. Did you see any Imperials or noteworthy C bodies in Hawaii? I would imagine there is a cluster of enthusiasts there somewhere.
I think everyone is too close to the beach there... I've heard they have lots of salt air rust problems, and lack the Cuban need to keep an old machine on the road...

More mainstream oldies perhaps, but I'd be surprised if they had a C Body presence.

Good to hear John. We had a couple inches of the white stuff last couple of days but the temp has been ok at +-5C looking forward to meeting Fiona on a future trip to Cowtown!

i was in waikiki and allover Oahu 2 years ago and my wife just came back from hawaii 2 weeks ago, both times didn't see a single classic car ..

Last edited:
No, we really only had 2 days, most interesting car was the gull wing Tesla that took us to the airport, so much easier to get into and out of than an ordinary car.

Basically I had a 9 hour flight from Chicago then stayed around the hotel - Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Resort Rainbow Tower right on the beach. Fiona arrived at 7 am next day, we walked to Ala Moana shopping center, Walmart and ended up at Ross, for California king sheets, headed back to the hotel then had a swim and a little shopping, had a couple of Budweiser's each, watched the fireworks and ate dinner followed by bed as we were up at 4:30 am to prepare to return.

Was a nice trip, Fiona's first USA visit and it went well, now back to bill's and saving for next time.:thankyou::canada: and :usflag:

Last edited:
20181122_164929.jpg
Thx all it was a great trip, Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Resort Rainbow Tower was great, lovely view of Diamond Head, and Waikiki looked great when flying out.

Views from our room 2415, couldn't have been better.
20181122_164931.jpg

Last edited:
Thats amazing! They got good breakfast at the Hilton and I went swimming down by that pier there lol. awesome! My wife had a broken foot at that time and i pushed her across the sand in one of those balloonwheeled chairs...

Good info for next time, we didn't breakfast there but in the United Airlines Club Lounge at the airport.

In future trips we'd purchase food at the abc stores in the small shopping centre opposite the Hotel and eat in our room saving money.

Back