ASSRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH, TIM. WAY OVER THERE IN THE WINDY

BIGBARNEYCARS

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Welder Guy just posted ah pic of the US ROYAL TIRE in Ecorse, Mi. WHEN IT WAZ STILL AH FARRIS WHEEL, lol. In hiz #47 set about about 65% down in the show. Shot waz taken from the medium looking west of the east bound of I-94. Now you know why I ask you about it. (hard tah miss) Jer

Jer, I wonder how the hell I didn't see the Uniroyal tire from I-94. How could've I missed that????
I just googled its location.
When I drove in from the west into Ecorse, I exited at Southfield Rd. Then went south to 11th & Labadie St where the car was at.
I got off 94 just before the big tire.
Would've been nice ti see it, but I turned off 94 too soon.

Last edited:
Actually you should have left 94 and merged onto 14 long before the tire to get to the Southfield area.

Nope, Sorry Pal. If Tim exited onto south bound Southfield + Allen Park exit off east bound 94 he waz east of Telegraph which meenz he went rite past "the Big Donut" by ah couple milez. I've only been gone 4 yearz My Friend and I went rite past that big sucker DAILY FOR 40 YEARZ BTW, That intersection of Southfield + 94 iz the only intersection the MDOT worked on consistently thru' the winter to completion from start to finish in 18 months that I'm aware of in Michigan road construction history. Took place in the '82-'84 period if my little brain iz still workin'. The company I pulled for back then waz Domiciled on Pellam rd. so I alwayz got off on Ecorse and went east to Pellam then south to the yard, or on east to Telagraph and south to Ecorse then, OH NEVER MIND. Did that for yearz 'cept for ah couple days when that 737 took off and then went under 94 on the Middlebelt underpass in '83 or '84? His destination (I think) waz city of Ecorse. Why would he mess with 14 just to come back south and then east? GPS can't work that bad I'd think? Jer

Last edited:
Nope, Sorry Pal. If Tim exited onto south bound Southfield + Allen Park exit off east bound 94 he waz east of Telegraph which meenz he went rite past "the Big Donut" by ah couple milez. I've only been gone 4 yearz My friend and I went rite past that big sucker DAILY FOR 40 YEARZ, Jer
I’m just saying that if he would have used google maps or whatever it would have given him the best route which would have taken him from 94 to 14 to 275 to 696 to the Southfield.

I’m just saying that if he would have used google maps or whatever it would have given him the best route which would have taken him from 94 to 14 to 275 to 696 to the Southfield.
O.K. I know what you're saying Pal. My thinking ... Just the ramp from 696 to the S.B Southfield can be ah PITA for ah new visitor. And then staying on it to break out under 94 onto the stop and go Southfield?. We've beat this one to death My Friend. You like GPS, I'm RANDY McNALLY old school. Doesn't mean we've damaged our friendship with this little debate, You're still My Pal. Jer

Back