At The Gas Station

LocuMob

Fluid Technician with a hat
Reaction score
I had to go up and get some go juice for the riding mower, and what do I see tucked inside a car trailer? A 1972 Dodge Charger, Orange with a white interior and a white vinyl top.

IMG_20190712_125024.jpg

It turns out the car was bought new in beautiful downtown Blue Earth at the old Dodge dealership, by it's owner Greg, whom I talked with briefly. He said it had one repaint after it sat for a while at one of his relatives, who told him he should do something with it. They took the 340 and transmission out, and he put in a stroker small block with 424 cubic inches. It's a track car now, but is still in great shape. He was stationed in North Dakota in the Air Force and said it was his daily driver, but no salt kept it clean. He lives 45 miles north of me, and has had the car at shows I've gone to, just never get to all the cars it seems.

IMG_20190712_125035.jpg

We chatted about cars, he used to have a '68 Hemi Dart clone, said that was expensive to run, so he sold it, the Charger is much cheaper.

Then he tells me his buddy is meeting him with his Motown Missle clone! I came back and showed up in my Polara, and talked with Ken, the owner of the Missle, before they headed off to the track. Greg was an awesome and enthusiastic Mopar guy, and it was a pleasure to meet him. Sorry, no pictures of the Motown Missle.

I just figured out as I was typing, I already met Greg a couple years back when he had his Dart, I might still have a video of when he fired it up at a car show, I know I took a bunch of pictures, I might still have them.

Last edited:
Most of the time it's being in the right place at the right time. Cool stuff, thanks for sharing and you got some more memories to treasure!

Back