ghjh.jpg
ghndgh.jpg
jl;.jpg
p[]p[].jpg
sfghfg.jpg
s-l500.jpg
ugil.jpg

Biggest alternator I’ve ever seen!

Interesting car. surely real. kinda odd way to try to finish it ..outside in. Dont know the Sherriff and never saw the movie. Anyway, wish 'em good luck with it.

one last thing and one more bit of evidence. Uplevel trim Fury (PH41U), with E86 mill, and A38 Police Package code. Like the legendary yeti, there are "heated" arguments here that no such thing could be ordered :).

These M and H (second digit in VIN) rigs were relatively UNcommon vs the K code cars (then and now), but nevertheless were as much police-spec as the K's

00-1-2-2-2.jpg

This car was listed as "sold" on ebay in June and again about a week ago. Wonder what's up with that?

I've seen this one around for awhile.

Maybe the sellers 98.8% Positive feedback had something to do with it (a backout).

Via his Feedback: Neg "I won the auction & a day later he sold the same car to someone else for cash."
During past 6 months

Reply by texastimemachine (Apr-22-18 10:13):
The truck was advertised locally on Craigslist and was sold by a family member.

That'll get you a black eye on eekBay.

Dodgy spotlight install, my 1977 PK41 didn't look like this and I really doubt this being a PH car that it has the spotlight reinforcing plates, or the added frame reinforcing plates, never mind the roof reinforcement.

Dodgy.Spotlight.Install.jpg

Not a real scholar in the fender tag department, F code would be??? Fleet build plant? Cop car body?

Enlighten me...

The fact that they purchased a standard car from the local dealer doesn't change the history of the car.
It was purchased to be a police car it was used as a police car it is a police car.

Alan

this car has three "fleet" codes, starting with 'F" as noted above. F43(?), F58 (RR Weld), and F8? (probably eingine oil cooler?). No F33 ... which is why the LH spotlight looks funny without the reinforcement as was mentioned.

in some thread here ALL the fusie/formal era "F" codes are documented. i found this one today .. should be representative for talking purposes.

btw, I dont know what a "fleet plant" is ... any given C-body plant probably had the ability to build whatever car was specified (civi, cop, taxi, etc.) and it was tooled for.

Capture29.JPG

btw, I dont know what a "fleet plant" is ... any given C-body plant probably had the ability to build whatever car was specified (civi, cop, taxi, etc.) and it was tooled for.
Agree, my car a documented CHP 69 Polara (DK41) came from the same Belvedere, IL plant that other cars came from.

Alan

So he's full of ****, yes??

first,i wouldnt quite say that about seller .. and I fear igniting this particular discussion in yet another thread, but he seems to know the difference between "A38 police-package" cars, and "K" VIN code police cars.

the argument then goes that the K's are the only "true" police cars .. the "A38s" are something "less". I do not share that view. then it goes "what is a police car?", and then the name-calling follows soon after.

second, in my experience (based on NO data except 30 years of looking at these C body squads anyway), the A38 cars are harder to find today relatively speaking than the K's. that MAY reflect their relative numbers at birth as I cannot think of any plausible theory (eg. carpark attrition curves have the same shape i would predict).

my 2 cents boss .. opinions may vary :)

Standard 100A alternator. Rare before 74. Common 74+
My 72 Newport has 100 amp alternator on the build sheet, but was replaced with a 60 before I got it. Don't know why because the voltage regulator is what was bad. Parts gun was loaded I guess. :rolleyes:

Also there are no drive belts on it. Spend all the money on new paint and they cant afford a couple of cheap v belts?

Last edited:
Back