Auto-Temp I & II

vdk2010

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I found some Instruction Videos about Auto-Temp. Pretty interesting. Although I do not understand everything. ;)

These are Videos from the Chrysler Master Technician Service Conference (TMSC).

Auto-Temp I: Understanding How It Works
[video=youtube_share;MwI1-AUI0K4]http://youtu.be/MwI1-AUI0K4?list=UUuZxcI-liXoutQHs9PeUSVA[/video]

Auto-Temp I: Diagnosis & Testing
[video=youtube_share;uieSm-5kWLE]http://youtu.be/uieSm-5kWLE?list=UUuZxcI-liXoutQHs9PeUSVA[/video]

Auto-Temp II: Understanding How It Works

[video=youtube_share;V7bL-MCZJx0]http://youtu.be/V7bL-MCZJx0?list=UUuZxcI-liXoutQHs9PeUSVA[/video]

Has anyone taken these servos apart to see what the contacts look like most servo motors I have seen go bad in other things its usually the contacts and you would replace the whole assembly but since these are basically non existent fixing cleaning start to look viable, just asking?

A guy from MoparFins tore one open years ago to see if he could fix it. He bought two more non-op ones to combine parts to get it to work BUT for some reason I seem to recall he had a real problem buttoning things back up. Epoxy or something.

Posted via Topify on Android

Ive watched the I and II series on my mopartv (gotta love you tube) is there a particular part prone to failure on the II system, seems fairly complex.

Ive watched the I and II series on my mopartv (gotta love you tube) is there a particular part prone to failure on the II system, seems fairly complex.

The servo is usually cracked on the autotemp II system. I'm not sure if other parts as well...

ok, and no carries this part, correct?

I just rewatched the beginning and it says don't take this apart, Hmmm

ok, and no carries this part, correct?

I just rewatched the beginning and it says don't take this apart, Hmmm
These were also used in Mercedes.
You can sometimes find M-B NOS units but you can't afford them.
Plenty of used M-B used ones but they are generally expensive and I wouldn't trust a used one as a replacement.
There's one guy who sells M-B replacement units made out of aluminum instead of plastic.
But you can't afford it.

Yep. That's it.
He lists the applications of what models in his listing there

I've read your trials with the manual swap, have you heard of anyone doing the new servo swap and still having troubles? It seems the two weak areas on the Imps, calipers and Auto temp II are spendy/ time consuming to repair. Its good to know the weaknesses and their costs prior to ownership IMO.

PAC produce new ones, but as expensive as the ebay one. You could try to get ones ofthe reman units for $295

Performance Analysis Company

Have chosen a plan on your 69? Seems like you take the same risk with the cheaper unit...

69-70 have auto temp I? Pic of a 70 unit looks the same as an A body controls, IDK?

IMG_0803.JPG

Have chosen a plan on your 69? Seems like you take the same risk with the cheaper unit...

69-70 have auto temp I? Pic of a 70 unit looks the same as an A body controls, IDK?

I have the Autotemp I on my car. A/C is one of the last things I'll do on my car but I'm gonna fix it someday. No conversion to manual here.

That's the ATC controls
ATC1.jpg

That's a valuable bookmark for me.
Thanks.
Hope I never have to deal with them.

It is! But unfortunately just for the ATCII system...

ATC1.jpg

All on this because the plastic case cracks? $600 doesn't seem to bad for fixing what you have got. Along as it is reliable.

Back