B body leadfs on a C body?

Bhealey

Reaction score
hey guys I was looking for new leafs on summit and after putting in my vehicle it's showing leaf springs for a b body... Are they the same measurements and they'll fit or what? I have a '66 sport fury.

43-414.jpg

B-body: A/B = 22"/36" (58" OAL)
C-body: A/B = 25"/37" (61" OAL)

Source: Mopar A&B Body Performance Leaf Springs | Mopar Leaf Springs

Or is there misinformation, somewhere?

As of 2 weeks ago ESPO was out of HD springs our size. They expected more in stock end of this month.
They were my first choice as well.

Followed the link from commando1 and found this. Part number 78-551. Looks like b body is the same as 65/66 fury

image.jpeg

OP, here are a couple pics of how the XHD springs set my car up. They may sag some, for reference those are 26" tall tires.I also have some longer than stock shackles.
20170217_153842.jpg
20170217_153908.jpg
20170217_153854.jpg

I compared my 65 sport fury leaves with a set from my brother's 68 road runner and they were exactly the same. So I bought a set of the B body XHD springs and put them on my 65 Fury. They have been on the car since 1984. Perfect fit.

I compared my 65 sport fury leaves with a set from my brother's 68 road runner and they were exactly the same. So I bought a set of the B body XHD springs and put them on my 65 Fury. They have been on the car since 1984. Perfect fit.

I am extremely surprised that they are the same

In looking at your web pics, looks like your ride height is same as mine. Do you have stock shackles?
PS your car has always been inspiring in my build. I've looked at it countless times for ideas.

The big Plymouths were shorter than the dodge/Chrysler C body. The police loved them. They handled, and were lighter as well. My 66 Polara has a longer wheelbase than the Plymouth.

What about 68 Newport? One of mine suffered the old jack in the wrong place fate or it flattened and someone tried to heat and bend it to match the other side. Springs and things? It's bent straight up behind where the leaf stack ends.

What about 68 Newport? One of mine suffered the old jack in the wrong place fate or it flattened and someone tried to heat and bend it to match the other side. Springs and things? It's bent straight up behind where the leaf stack ends.
Check to see if it merely flipped the shackle.

Ok sounds good. I'm going to see if it flipped shackle first. I'm super glad there's still a source for them. It's a convertible but should be same as sedan or coupe ?

Ok sounds good. I'm going to see if it flipped shackle first. I'm super glad there's still a source for them. It's a convertible but should be same as sedan or coupe ?
Call them and tell them exactly what you have. They will have the right springs for your application. Get new front and rear spring eye bushings while you are ordering. They will press in the new front bushings for you.

Back