For Sale B/E body aluminum overdrive trans 833

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owen11x

Reaction score
Contact seller
Have a 833 aluminum case overdrive unit 4 speed unsure if they will.for C body but im looking for a cast A body 4 speed prefer to trade but will sell outright $600 Ellsworth Wisconsin 54011

20210206_092408.jpg

20210131_155844.jpg

Had to come after E-bodies if it's a 3+OD 4-speed. Probably more like Aspen-Volare time frame? Isn't there a VIN stamp on the case?

Respectfully,
CBODY67

Its from a 83 dodge pick.up other than being over drive internals and aluminum case it's a standard B/E body tail shaft takes 10.5 inch clutch and 23 spline shaft just like my 69 A833 even takes same bellhousing.

Just a good trans for cruising not so much for drag racing

I have 2 from pickups. They have both B and E body shifter pads but on mine only the B body location is drilled and tapped.
They will take a lot more abuse than most people claim. Still if you have real sticky tires and loads of aftermarket power you can break one.

Correct the E body bosses are not drilled and tapped but easy to do so. I just have several b body trans and no A body one for my 70 duster I figured this one would be a good candidate for a c body cruiser if anyone had an A body one around

Yes it would be easy to drill and tap the holes.
I have one A body 4spd left but have a project in mind for it. It is also an overdrive.
Good luck on your search and I'm sure you will find one fairly quickly.

The O/D will give about a 25% drop in RPM at cruising speeds. The rest can depend on your preferences. Since these were meant for mid 70's Slant 6 and 318 applications there is a 3.09:1 1st gear to give it some oomph off the line and a big drop to 2nd, 1.67:1, (non O/D 833 was 2.66:1 1st & 1.91;1 2nd). I had a 76 Dart, 318 and the O/D that I bought nearly new and don't remember it being a problem though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back