B - J 2019

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Just saw a beautiful black 64 Sport Fury with a transplant 440 sell for$37k.

64 Sport Fury is a B-body and converted to a C-body in 65 right?

Yes, and that's money down a hole.

BTW, if I were Mr. Barrett or Mr. Jackson, I would have arranged our names differently.

Last edited:

That is correct, first c-body sport fury is a '65.

Mopar Connection Magazine did a feature article on the early c-bodies titled "Owning the road, the history of the Chrysler c-body."
It should still be in the archives at (corrected link)
www.moparconnectionmagazine.com
Dave

Last edited:
Currently (01-15-19) -- Features >> Car Features in the top drop-down menu, then to p10. Nice pictures!

CBODY67

13C4482B-229F-4E9F-840C-C242E1DDC8D1.jpeg
Who’s looking at cars?

I watched a bit yesterday... I was facepalming on a regular basis, as every single reporter made some sort of technical good - like calling a straight six a V6 for example. :BangHead:

I watched a bit yesterday... I was facepalming on a regular basis, as every single reporter made some sort of technical good - like calling a straight six a V6 for example. :BangHead:

Most TV reporters are as stupid about cars as they are about gun control, so what else is new?

Dave

I believe that the BJ and Mecum auctions can be live-streamed.

CBODY67

Actually the letter designation for the bodies didn't come along until 65. The 64 Fury was the full size Plymouth. In 65 they made the full size the C body and the Fury became the C and the Belv the intermediate B.

Just Plymouth though, as the 63 and 64 full size Dodge 880 and the Chryslers (Saratoga Windsor New Yorker) were clearly more full size than Plymouth at the time.

Back