Baby got some brand new shoes

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I solved jazebelles tire issues today with a new set of Cooper Trendsetter SE 235 X 75R X 15 whitewalls.

First concidered the patriotic look ..... Red, White & Blue .....

DSC01324 (Large).jpg

DSC01326 (Large).jpg

Glad to hear Will. After the Carlisle trip I know you needed them.

Great looking Mopar, amazing what a difference new tires will make to the looks and comfort of your ride.

We all know that red, white, 'n blue iz colorz that don't run my friend. But you'd havtah hang another axle under Jazebelle to have them colorez on her left 'n rite and She'd look way too funny and be hard tah steer. 'Best tah jes keep 'um white and her happy. My .02, Jer

I ordered the same size but went with Hankook. The treadwear and milege ratings were better than Cooper. I could not find anyone cheaper than $75 per tire with shipping. For my car ('66 Toronado) the car came with a narrow white wall. When it comes time to replace them on the '78 St Regi Coupe I will try to get a 1.5" white wall tire.

Thanks for the nice comments guys, I haven't even driven her yet, (with the new tires), We're going to lebanon Tenn in a week and a half for the Music City Mopar show, about 250 miles, I'm looking forward to the road trip.

I ordered the same size but went with Hankook. The treadwear and milege ratings were better than Cooper. QUOTE]

I looked at the Hankook, and your right. BUT ..... they are made in China, or Japan ..... someplace other then the USA. I try to keep my American dollars in America. Tough sometimes.
Besides ...... "Chrysler and Hankook" just dosen't sound right together. Being somewhat of a purist ..... The Coopers just look right.

The pickins were slim on the size I needed for my Polara. There was a Goodyear and a Hankook. I went with the Hankook. Put four new ones on after the blowout I had on the family vacation.

Then I decided I should also replace the spare. Ordered it from Walmart and had it delivered to the store for free (which is what I should have done for the 4 I bought from Tire Rack). Was a no-hassle pick up.

The idiot at the tire counter was another story. He didn't even want to attempt to mount the tire. I have no idea why, I guess he had problems in the past with old cars. I've changed tires on this old boy twice in 10 years with no problems. Anyway, I'll take the spare to my usual tire guy and have it mounted there. I'm due for an alignment anyway.

Hi Will,

you have choosen the right size (considering being radials) with 235-75-15.
Looks good, everything else is too small

Carsten

Back