BACK IN THE DAY video

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
My brother sent this link to me. Shot back in 1959. I was a regular at Detroit dragway in the late 50's and through the 60's and was probably there when this was shot.

Y'all should love the cars, speed equipment and apparel. A real time capsule. It's almost a half hour long.

http://youtu.be/bqCm7YO2GOI

Cool video. 22 minutes in is a shot of the "Ram Rod", the Mopar Ramcharger guys' first try at a drag car (if I have my facts straight).

Cool video. 22 minutes in is a shot of the "Ram Rod", the Mopar Ramcharger guys' first try at a drag car (if I have my facts straight).

Your right, The car still exists too.
It was called "The High & Mighty" and was powered by a 354 Dodge truck hemi built by Tom Hoover and Dan mancini

images

Last edited:
Theirz been one running around the Detroit area for the last several yearz but I'm thinkin' it's ah clone. Seen it at the CEMA show at the Museum ah couple timez. It showed up at Belleville in the 5 point park show 3-4 yearz ago too. Don't know who the guy iz that haz it but he seamed ah little High and Mighty too when overturez were extended by Me 'n the Batwagon

Your right, The car still exists too.
It was called "The High & Mighty" and was powered by a 354 Dodge truck hemi built by Tom Hoover and Dan mancini

images
Holy crap. I remember that car! I thought that was the most beautiful Gasser in the world.

Original car is gone that one was recreated around the original intake manifold. Most detailed story of the car I have ever found is in the "we are the ramchargers" book. Which is a must read for any real Mopar fan.

This is terrible for mobile device I can't use my phone sideways can respond to certain threads see you guys when it goes back someone send me a email when this is removed.

Back