Back seat install

swisherred

Reaction score
So I know you push back on the rear lower cushion to get it out...and then to get it back in...but for some reason mine doesn't seem to lock in....the hooks grab but it still slides in and out about an inch...what am I doing wrong here? Shouldn't it lock in snug and not move?

So I know you push back on the rear lower cushion to get it out...and then to get it back in...but for some reason mine doesn't seem to lock in....the hooks grab but it still slides in and out about an inch...what am I doing wrong here? Shouldn't it lock in snug and not move?

There should be one more set of bars that will lock into the hooks further forward ( about 1-1/2 to 2”)Try to push the seat back a little further before engaging mine took quite a bit of pressure backwards to hook.

I'm hooking into the rear set of bars then.....seat back is installed. I just didn't remember it taking THAT much pressure to get it in...but I certainly didn't think it should be loose. I will push harder.

A standardized situation that sometimes takes more effort than expected. New/fresh seat foam might magnify the issue? But once it's "there", you're glad it is and won't come back out anytime soon!

By comparison, my '80 Newport just takes a 7/16 socket to get the rear cushion removed. I like that.

CBODY67

Back