Backyard wildlife

Newport 66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Had a Red TailHawk in the yard this morning.
I know this is a poor photo but I didn't want to scare him off while he was having lunch, Dining on a rabbit.

View attachment 409189

20201012_150837.jpg

I have flood irrigation so occasionaly when I irrigate this couple shows up and swims around until the water soaks in
IMG_20200422_082011.jpg
IMG_20200422_165543.jpg

Last year this young Great Horned Owl hung out for a couple of days until he finished mastering the art of flight.
20190501_142009.jpg
20190502_175122.jpg

Great photo! Beware a freind of mine was telling me story about baby Owls that he came across in the bushes. As he bent down to get a closer look he got knocked out by mama owl.
I have 3 white owls on my property that live in my palm trees. At night I put food waste in the center compound to draw rodents out. The Owls dive bomb them.

Great photo! Beware a freind of mine was telling me story about baby Owls that he came across in the bushes. As he bent down to get a closer look he got knocked out by mama owl.
I have 3 white owls on my property that live in my palm trees. At night I put food waste in the center compound to draw rodents out. The Owls dive bomb them.
This little guys mama was watching him the whole time. You could hear her in the nearest tree. Then she brought him dinner. A large pack rat was dropped off with him. A day later he flew off.

The wabbit population around here has exploded. Aside from said hawk there are no predators. The owl goes for the mice. Coyotes haven't ventured this close.....yet.

We also have had a wabbit population explosion the last couple years. WRT predators we have our cat of course but also foxes coyotes and raccoons. In January a mink went through the bubbler hole in the garden pond and cleaned out our fish. EDIT We have deer come through periodically.
IMG_0611.JPG

Bears are a nuisance here Fumbuck County.
Right above #2... Alligators.
#3: Wild hogs.

We're hoping for a big decline in Snowbirds, tho.

we get bears, cougars, raccoons and deer here. and rabbits.
the cougars come after the deer

image.jpg

7998177_web1_Cougar-teaser.jpg

we get alot of deer in town, im on a somewhat busy residential street

upload_2020-10-17_14-43-28.jpeg

upload_2020-10-17_14-44-9.jpeg

Last edited:
Back