Bad News

Wollfen

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Hey all, you have probably noticed i have been quiet the last three days.
Wednesday morning early I got a phone call and told my wife had been in a car accident on the way to work. Well I was dressed and out the door faster than i have ever been. When I got to the crash scene it was a mess, she had been hit in the drivers door by another doing about 50mph. She was still in the car and being tended to. The Crash crew were forcing the door open with the jaws of life. While I could see some not so nice things inside I was glad to see she was conscious and lucid.
Long story short i have been spending my days by her bedside at the hospital and dealing with the after surgery. She is home now today and in bed, bruises over most of her body and her right arm is in a big cast that will be on for 8 to 12 weeks.
I'll be a busy man the next few weeks taking care of things, it could have been a lot worse, the pillar post at the side of the dash took the brunt of the force, if the other car had hit a foot further to the right I don't know that she would be here so I am grateful.
Anyway figured I would let everyone know whats going on, things will get better I am sure.

Man you just get a Killer car then something like this Happens, Hope your wife makes a full recovery, Take all the time you need Bud.

Im relieved to see she is now home but I feel horrible for what happened. I sincerely hope she has a total and quick recovery.
Damn, this sucks.

Thankfully it sounds like your wife will be OK. I wish her a quick and complete recovery. Just another reminder about what is really important in this all to fleeting life.

You're both in my thoughts and prayers. Its a helpless feeling to see your loved one terribly injured and/or sick. My wife survived Stage 4 cancer twice. Miracles happen. Anyway, be strong, pray, be with her. You'll both be on the upswing before you know it!

Thanks for the kind words guys, i will be relaying them to her too, I know that will help her spirits for sure.

I feel your pain, and I commend your dedication to your wife. I wish your family the best.

My thoughts are with you and your wife. Thank goodness your wife is home already, she should mend very quickly.

I'm very sorry to hear about your wife. I wish her a speedy and full recovery. Thank God it wasn't more severe, a hit at that speed... she will be very sore. My prayers are with you both, it will be a little rough for a while.

That is allfull news Gary. Had to be terrible to see her like that. So glad she is home recovering. Best wishes for the both of you. You're in my thoughts & prayers

Hope she recovers quickly. Sounds like your wife has a good caretaker in you. Both of you are in my thoughts.

So sorry to hear this and glad that your wife is home and doing better.

Back