ballast resister 73 newyorker 440 7.2 and workshop manual

sidsnot

Reaction score
hi i have a 73 newyorker 440 7.2 ,i am in uk dont have workshop manual ,i just phoned the local us parts store in uk and asked for a price for ballast resister ,he came back and said they don't list one ,don't show it has one .well i got a ballast resister on my bulkhead number 365199 4 terminal .do they use ballast resister for anything else.and can anyone tell me if i can get an online workshop manual,and give me a link thanks dave in uk

Are you sure the ballast resistor is bad? Should check 1.2 ohms across one side and 5 ohms across the other.

Your parts guy should be able to cross that RU12 number that barnfind listed. They used that ballast resistor on just about everything they made in the seventies. Try anything they made in the mid seventies for an application.

The closest you are going to get to a free shop manual is here: MyMopar - Mopar Forums & Information - Service Manuals
Problem is they don't list a 73 Chrysler manual. They do list a 73 Dodge manual and a 72 Chrysler manual. Using both will get you close until you buy the correct one. I suggest one on CD. 1973 Chrysler Plymouth Shop Service Repair Manual CD | eBay

You can get a free parts manual:
MyMopar - Mopar Forums & Information - Parts & Accessories Books

Back