Ballast Resistor

71FuryGC

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Classic Industries Ballast Resistor part # MN1133 is compatible with our C Bodies? It seems that Chrysler may have used the same specs across the whole vehicle range from 1962 to 1972. I'm trying to find a suitable spare to put in the glovebox for a 71 Fury with standard points ignition. The Napa ones don't look like they'll fit without a longer mounting bolt.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Check your FSM shoud be .5-.6 ohms, hard to find. Most of the store bought ones are 1 ohm. 2095501 is what your looking for. I have some NOS if needed.

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm not fanatical about keeping all parts on the car 100% factory original but also if I need to change out the Ballast Resistor (which I don't right now) I don't want to damage other parts in the ignition circuit by installing something incompatible. I have heard that it's a good idea to carry a spare.

I have some and yes good idea to have one with you. Prob 15 and the ride NORS the Mopar ones are hard to find I ask $30 for them Shoot me a pm if you want one.

Back