Barn find Beretta

bigmoparjeff

Reaction score
Since it's been kind of quiet on here lately, and I have another hour to kill before going back to work, I offer something a bit out of the norm:

Once a common sight on American roads, now it's unusual to see even one or two over the course of a year. Call me crazy, but I always like the styling and was quite enthusiastic about adding this one to my small collection of '80's and 90's GM cars.

IMG_6039.JPG

To be honest, it wasn't in a barn, and it was never really lost, so it didn't need to be found, but the title sounded good. It came from an auction at a local old-time garage that has recently been sold and the owner is liquidating the contents of the building. The Beretta belonged to the garage owner's sister, who passed away years ago. The main action that day was a couple of Mustang coupes, a '65 and '68, that got most of the bidding attention. Unfortunately for me, I wasn't able to steal the Beretta, as there was one other bidder trying to get it too. There's always that one guy who spoils the fun for me whenever I bid on something at a live auction.

IMG_6035.JPG

IMG_6038.JPG

IMG_6044.JPG

I do realize now that I missed the perfect opportunity for a hose shot.

IMG_6045.JPG

IMG_6046.JPG

IMG_6055.JPG

This past weekend was round two. The Dodge Power wagon and M-37 brought out the heavy hitters, along with some vintage signs that went for big money.

IMG_6068.JPG

IMG_6070.JPG

IMG_6062.JPG

Jeff

Yes, Power Wagon, this was my Power Wagon after about 6 years. Too bad I had to sell but some things are necessay. It made me con centrace on my C Body builds.

IMG_0963.JPG
IMG_0962.JPG
IMG_0968.JPG

that's the truck that doc needs to buy with a 4bt swap
It had a bored and stroked 318 in it, about 394 cubes, with a NV4500 5 speed trans and an Atlas II transfer case, a/c, ps, pb, 4 wheel discs, etc.

How many miles on the Beretta? It looks really clean

152K miles. It's very presentable, but certainly not mint. There are nicer ones out there for sale, but I really like the white/burgundy combination, and it was only two miles from my house. It was sold new at a local dealer, so that adds a bit to the desireability for me.

Yes, Power Wagon, this was my Power Wagon after about 6 years. Too bad I had to sell but some things are necessay. It made me con centrace on my C Body builds.

Wow! Very nice!

I'll be looking forward to your C-Body builds!

Two people wanted the Beretta?? :poke:
:p

I was surprised too. The casual bidders and flippers were all out around a grand, then there was a pause in the bidding and I thought that I got a bargain, then here comes a barrage of bids from the one guy to spoil my day.

I still got it for $300 under my max,so at least I didn't get crazy with it.

Sorry about hijacking your thread, I get nostalgic when someone appreciates an old Power Wagon.

No problem. We're in "General Discussion", so whatever direction this thread goes is fine, whether it be 80's and 90's cars, auctions in general, or Power Wagons.

There was much love for the old Power Wagons at the auction, as that tow truck sold for $11K, which I think was very strong money. The M-37 went for $5700, plus I believe around $2300 for the trailer.

No problem. We're in "General Discussion", so whatever direction this thread goes is fine, whether it be 80's and 90's cars, auctions in general, or Power Wagons.

There was much love for the old Power Wagons at the auction, as that tow truck sold for $11K, which I think was very strong money. The M-37 went for $5700, plus I believe around $2300 for the trailer.
It seems with PW's at auction now, they have become quite the sought after truck. I think if I sold my PW today it would sell for twice I got for it in 2012. I just kick myself, just like the 69 Charger 500 that I had when I was in college. I had no appreciation for what it really was. (although it had hemi badges, it had a transplanted 383 in it)

I was surprised too. The casual bidders and flippers were all out around a grand, then there was a pause in the bidding and I thought that I got a bargain, then here comes a barrage of bids from the one guy to spoil my day.

I still got it for $300 under my max,so at least I didn't get crazy with it.
I'd say the Schill got you :poke:...

While I'm not as enthusiastic, the car cleaned up very nice. Good score, I'd expect it to be hard to find one not beaten to death. :thumbsup:

152K miles. It's very presentable, but certainly not mint. There are nicer ones out there for sale, but I really like the white/burgundy combination, and it was only two miles from my house. It was sold new at a local dealer, so that adds a bit to the desireability for me.
Where were you when I was trying to sell this last year?

:poke:

F33899BD-ABC2-4736-90CB-D5876164A646.jpeg

Two people wanted the Beretta?? :poke:
:p

I would have thought with a Beretta at stake they'd shoot it out. ;)

One of the nicer cars of that period and this one cleaned up pretty nice. But I have to admit the most desirable item at that place to me was that Service Station itself.

Back