Batch of Hemi cars/parts in Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.
from the place I got this from many of the commenters think he'll easily get over 50K and 1 thinks the lot will sell north of 75K.........no kidding!

Looks like some kool stuff and a lot of work and money hemorhaging out of the wallet after you make the initial investment. You might be able to buy all the stuff and keep enough parts to build a Hemi vert and sell off the rest to pay yourself back though.

sure, but you gotta have the resources and initial $$ to begin with......not too many do

Doesn't appear that anything is running.....big risk and those engines/parts might turn out to be a big pile of scrap....cracked block/heads. Crank(s) wiped bad enough to be total crap. On and on. Who knows???

It's possible it could be a gold mine. But, if it's too good to be true.....

I'm with Bob. If I drove up there, I bet I could find a dozen locals who have known about this crazy old man and his Hemi junk for years.

Posted via Topify on Android

If the Hemi cars alone check out to be the real deal...then those alone might be close to what he's asking. But you definitely would need to check the stuff out in person. And yes you would be taking a bit of a gamble...BUT...it could pay off large!!

Only one of the cars is refered to as (possibly) being an original hemi car. And it's not the convertible.
I suppose if someone has that kind of cash laying around they will do a through investigation.

The guy must have been squirrelling away all that hemi stuff away for years and years and years.

The guy must have been squirrelling away all that hemi stuff away for years and years and years.

Years ago there was fellow just north of Springfield MO, (R&R), who had a huge stash of Hemi & six pack cars, including convertibles, stored in buildings on his property.
He fell ill and passed away, sometime in the 90's, and his widow sold everything.....

Years ago there was fellow just north of Springfield MO, (R&R), who had a huge stash of Hemi & six pack cars, including convertibles, stored in buildings on his property.
He fell ill and passed away, sometime in the 90's, and his widow sold everything.....
Yeah, I bet there are people like that still out there. They came up in the 60's and 70's and horded all the hemi this and six pack that parts they could find. However none of that stuff can travel with you when you finally check out. I saw once in one of the mopar magazines an article on a guy named "Marvin"...the article in the mag was called "Marvin's Gardens...anyone else ever seen this? Anyways the guy had a barn load of Chrysler stuff AND I think a couple hemi cars in various shape. I think it was "Mopar Action", a very cool magazine until they got soft.

I remember the articles on R&R Salvage yard years ago. He even had a couple 72 440/6bbl Charger, and even a 72 440/6bbl Roadrunner. Plus a host of other Hemi and multi carb'd cars, and then all the parts too.

You're right....those Hemi cars/parts had to go somewhere. After seeing all the car auctions on TV....I think I saw more than ever was built.

On the other hand.......there were tens of thousands of 318 and 383 Coronets built. Wouldn't be the first time or the last time one was mistaken as a Hemi or 440 car. I thought the Coronet 440 was a 440....

. Wouldn't be the first time or the last time one was mistaken as a Hemi or 440 car. I thought the Coronet 440 was a 440....

Thats a common misconception Bob, especially amoung non Mopar folks.
I get folks looking at my coronet 500 thinking it has a 500 CID ... or HP engine often.

Yes Sir Will...

I'm having flashbacks of the early 1970's and one of my best friends was looking for a 1967 Coronet or a GTX for his girlfriend's father. It was a 50th birthday present from his wife. We must of looked at 20 Coronets ...all of them from the want ad's. Asked every one of them if it was a 440 motor. Everyone one them said yes. Went and looked at them and all of them were 318 or 383 cars. They were confused when we informed them what the engine really was. How can someone own a car and not know what damn engine is in it??? We ended buying a beautiful RR-1 Yellow 1967 GTX with a 4 speed with a Dana 60 with no engine for $500. My friend worked at Peter's Dodge in Milwaukee and he bought a 1971 warranty replacement 440 motor for the GTX . All in I believe the total cost was around $1200 and it was a #2 car with no rust in Wisconsin. We had the car for almost 2 months after we finished it and hiding it from the guy who was getting the GTX until his birthday rolled around. That was super cool rolling up and down the the Avenue with that beast. He lived in Thorp, Wisconsin. I don't know where the car is now...I went into the Army about 4 years after that.

Good story Bob, those were the days!

BTW, I just bought my 1969 Super Bee a few months before we were doing the 67 GTX. I asked my brother to look for pictures. We had the 67 GTX, his 69 Dart GTS, my friend's 69 Dart GTS, and my 69 Super Bee all angle parked on Lake Shore Drive in Milwaukee with Lake Michigan in the back ground. That was 40 years ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back