As promissed in another thread her some pics of the BBTR, enjoy
100_2901.JPG
100_2905.JPG
100_2920.JPG
100_2921.JPG
100_2962.JPG
100_2901.JPG

Thanks for posting.

I think that you guys in Europe are are passionate and serious about your Chryslers, at that is respectable.

It's too bad the weather wasn't a little nicer!

Like many things American, Europeans (in this case, Norwegians....) appreciate them more then we do........ nice to see so many Fuselage cars (and others likely) being so well cared for and enjoyed.... thanks for posting this.......

Since this land is so vast with many major and minor events most do not make it to those events. The varying culture doesn't always allow the collective here to gather.
The whole thing is impressive but not better than here, if you gathered all the C bodies up here you couldn't fit them in Jersey

Since this land is so vast with many major and minor events most do not make it to those events. The varying culture doesn't always allow the collective here to gather.
The whole thing is impressive but not better than here, if you gathered all the C bodies up here you couldn't fit them in Jersey

Statistically speaking, you're correct and I get your point... However, let's account for how much more effort is required to own a C-body in Europe... shipping, maintenance, feeding, storage and the looks of disgust from green party members who can't buy a vote in the US.

Plus if a meteor hits NA, there will still be C-bodies somewhere on earth.

effort? how much more than owning the scarce 1970 imported car here?

This country has all the high standards of a crackwhore with AIDS when it comes to importing cars. How else can you explain Alfas being available into the late 80s, or Yugos?

In Europe, American cars are forbidden fruit with a 20% tax until they're 30 years old and no longer a threat to €60k Mercedes with 100 ftlbs of torque and vinyl seats.

...so it takes some dedication. We might have more of them, but when was the last time you saw that many at the Mopar nationals?

This country has all the high standards of a crackwhore with AIDS when it comes to importing cars. How else can you explain Alfas being available into the late 80s, or Yugos?

In Europe, American cars are forbidden fruit with a 20% tax until they're 30 years old and no longer a threat to €60k Mercedes with 100 ftlbs of torque and vinyl seats.

...so it takes some dedication. We might have more of them, but when was the last time you saw that many at the Mopar nationals?

You said you get my point, obviously not. The Nationals is a poor choice because it dedication is in racing. Last I was there in 2002 or 03 I guess I saw a dozen. Last time at Moparfest, 2004 / 05 I saw probably two dozen. Carlisle? The number grows every year, probably 35 last year. How about the Englishtown show? Only a couple. Lebanon Valley? Again, only a few. Maple Grove Raceway? 3 . ACD / Kruse auction when it was sponsored by Chrysler ?( 98/99) a few.
Point is there is almost an all Mopar event somewhere in the country, every weekend. The country being so big and so many events to chose from, you're less likely to go to one 500 miles away, you dont have to.

My observation is that even though there would be just as many cars in any given area, it would appear that North Americans in general prefer to see cars at a show and possibly do a short local cruise. The minority like to go on a longer drive, and forgo the static displays. Over yonder, they prefer to get together as a group and do a tour. It's just a different mindset from here.

The weather gods don't seem to be friends of Fuselage-style C-bodies as we had wonderful weather until the weekend prior to BBTR and yesterday started with sunshine again. Despite the bad forecast we had 23 Fuselages together, wich is just three cars less then last year! And I think we made the best of it and had fun all the way!

Thanks for coming, especially Paul Magee, who travelled all the way from Morrisville, North Carolina, to Bernkastel-Kues in the beautiful Mosel valley.

IMG_6057.JPG
IMG_6052.JPG
IMG_6059.JPG
IMG_6063.JPG

the Fuselage meet was big fun as last year.

I made the trip, too despite the bad weather forecast of course.

It is very different meet compared to all other shows in the Mopar/American car scene.

Please keep in mind Germany is small compared to the US but we still have bigger distances, too and gasoline isn't cheap with nearly 8$ per gallon.

The BBTR cruise is in the middle of nowhere. Rural country.

We have 16 federal states in Germany and despite Georg the organizer only one other guy came from the same state. All others travelled longer distances to get there. I had a 445 mile trip myself this weekend.

If you want to compare it with the US the BBTR cruise is like being held in Colorado, Montana, Wyoming or Idaho. On the countryside with not many cars/people around it. But very scenic.

When we had the local Moparshop-Garage season opener this spring in my area there were more Fuselage C-bodies attending than at BBTR. If the BBTR would be done in my more crowded area in example we would probably have an attendance of 50-80 Fuselage C-Bodies.

The german Mopar Nats (also held in my area) have nearly 50 Fuselage attending in its best times.

Carsten

When we had the local Moparshop-Garage season opener this spring in my area there were more Fuselage C-bodies attending than at BBTR.

I have to disagree here, Carsten. There were 19 Fusealge C-bodies at this years Season Opener. And BBTR is still a young event, which will attract more and more Fuselage C-bodies over time. We had 26 cars at the first edition and now 23 at BBTR #02 - with a horrible weather forecast and thirteen cancellations because of various reasons and only a 14th cancellation because of the weather! With better weather and no mechanical failures we would have had 37 cars at BBTR! So let's see what we can do in 2018! :)

Last edited:
I have to disagree here, Carsten. There were 19 Fusealge C-bodies at this years Season Opener. And BBTR is still a young event, which will attract more and more Fuselage C-bodies over time. We had 26 cars at the first edition and now 23 at BBTR #02 - with a horrible weather forecast and thirteen cancellations because of various reasons and only a 14th cancellation because of the weather! With better weather and no mechanical failures we would have had 37 cars at BBTR! So let's see what we can do in 2018! :)

don't get me wrong Georg.
BBTR is a great event.
There will always be cancellations for various reasons why people do not go to a certain carshow.
(Broken car, health, family issues, no money etc)

If there were 19 Fuselage at the Moparshop Season Opener in april and 23 at the BBTR it shows the difference already clearly.
The 23 BBTR participants were from all over Germany attending including four cars from the Netherlands. Only you and Pat were from the local area within 50 miles. The season Opener had 19 cars. All of them despite yourself&the 69 Monaco wagon-owner were local cars none of them travelled more than 30 miles to get there. And it was not a Fuselage only show, just a local average Mopar event. I wasn't even there with a Fuselage. Can you imagine how many Fuselage would come if the show would be held in the Ruhrgebiet area? Bernkastel-Kues (Moseltal) is far off from the bigger population areas in Germany.

I am looking forward to the BBTR 2018

Carsten

Back