Beach Hop 2014, Whangamata, New Zealand

Furyos George

Reaction score
I had a day off work and was sorting some of the photos from our trip away a couple weeks back, and thought I might share, so you can see some of a show from the southern hemisphere. This is one of the last shows of summer, and in my opinion possibly the best show our country has to offer.It is a 5 day event , based around a small seaside area of New Zealand called Coromandel. Each day there are large convoy cruzes of 1 thousand + cars. All makes are represented, but T
these photos are mostly mopars, just a couple of interesting cab over trucks by chev and ford and a chev rat rod.
Enjoy

Starting off with getting the 470 back in the car with the new heads on, she really goes now!!

Washed and waxed, ready for the 1000 mile + week of driving

day 1, assemble for the slow and twisty cruze to Waihi

next day, cruze to onemana, probably the best day, didn't take many photos tho, kinda gettn sick of taking photos by this stage

damn every one of those was kick ***.

do you guys just get to make up whatever license tags you want over there? almost all of those cars had custom plates.

Look at that! Amazing!!! Great pics, thanks so much!

image.jpg

do you guys just get to make up whatever license tags you want over there? almost all of those cars had custom plates.

You can buy custom plates if they arnt already taken. They are quite expensive tho, around $900

Wow, the twin turbo Challenger is wild and the centrifugal blower on the Charger looks huge.

The Chally is real cool, the owner built it all himself for very little $$, he put the 440 together out of mostly 6 pack internals, has two cheap chineese turbos on it, and he made his own vacuum advance/boost retard system out of three diferent vacuum units,blo thru carb, it goes very well!
im sorry I don't have any better shots of the engine on that procharged roadrunner, its a f2 on a 550cui hemi, its making 1200+ hp, it think the goal is 1600 as stated on the licence plate (1600hp)

Thanks for sharing. A lot of cool photos. I really like the yellow car hauler truck. I have never seen anything like that before.

IMG_0449_zpsf15fcd1e[1].jpg

IMG_0449_zpsf15fcd1e[1].jpg

Back