Beautiful 57 Fury...

Yes, but I wish they had lined up the body side moldings to match the quarter and the door. But, still nice.

There are two chances of me buying that car... Slim and None:rofl:, so I never looked at it that close, but you are correct. Beats me why they didn't line it up properly.

No pic of the passenger side either, could be a giant "whiskey blister" there.:lol:

If you look at the bottom of the drivers door, it is "tight" against the rocker and the quarter radius. Worn out hinge pins or improperly adjusted striker. John could also be right in that if the door is not closed all the way, the striker is not engaged to align the door. Very few of these left and a nice example of a dual quad 318. Most of them croaked the engine at 50k or less and wound up being junked or re-engined. The dual four set was very difficult to keep tuned and most of the ones that did not expire from hard running were retrofitted to a single four setup.

Dave

The door was probably not closed all the way or miss-alignment @ restoration (just my opinion). They wouldn't have left an oh' oh' like that at the factory final assembly. "Beautiful car.

Incredible styling, both inside and out. %& was a great styling year for all the major auto companies - Look at the cars from that year: Dodge, Desoto, Chrysler, Plymouth, Imperial, Ford, Chevy, Mercury, Studebaker..... All great body styling, and Mopar had it knocked...

Back