Been laying down the foil...

mr. fix it

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
So this is what I've been busy with the past few days...
finally finished tonight..
What a job that was

I ordered 80sq ft of the GT-Mat product 80ml.

Seems like good stuff
I just have to finish sealing off the joints
IMG_1046.JPG
IMG_1057.JPG
IMG_1038.JPG
IMG_1049.JPG
IMG_1053.JPG

I put something similar down on the floor of my 300 vert. I think it's Fat Mat or something like that. The car is a lot quieter and it was worth the effort. I did the inside of the doors too.

I hope I have enough left to do that as well...
i have to clean the doors up first though

Did the doors too and put a piece of the foil covered material on the inside of the outer door skin. It really makes for a solid sound when the door closes.

One of the best things you can do (IMO). The noise and heat level went down exponentially on my car. Looks like you did a fine job laying it!

I did a layer of Ensolate over the Fat Mat also. The best thing I found to roll the Fat Mat down was a "J roller" that is used for laminate counter tops.

It's a foam type material. It adds an additional layer of insulation and is supposed to stop some of the higher frequency sound. I never ran the car with just the Fat Mat, so I can't tell you if it works or not. All I know is my car is a lot quieter after adding both.

RAAMaudio - Automotive sound deadening products

I just finished putting fat mat in the Newport and also used a "j roller" to work the material into the nooks and crannies. if it's hot enough outside, it goes on pretty easily.

dsc05535-jpg.77608

dsc05537-jpg.77609

My kit had a mini roller which I had to be careful using because it liked to pop apart at first.

I also used a vinyl squeegy

the kit I bought had a mini roller as well...i broke it within the first 3 hours! lol

barely! at about the hour mark, I had to put a hairpin clip on the end of the shaft to keep the wheel from flying off!!

barely! at about the hour mark, I had to put a hairpin clip on the end of the shaft to keep the wheel from flying off!!

"Included in kit" doesn't always mean it will work...

I got 2 free stickers with my kit! :)

Back