IMG_8170.JPG
IMG_8268.JPG
IMG_8269.JPG
IMG_8271.JPG
IMG_8272.JPG
IMG_8273.JPG
IMG_8274.JPG
IMG_8376.JPG
I got the bed back on. Had some 3/8 alunimum fuel line left over from another project. I got that mocked up. Finished up the suspension drop. Looks like I ended up with 2 1/2 Was hoping for at least 3 inches. I bought a new fuel sending unit & fuel tank grommet from LMC Truck parts. WANTED a 3/8 line but all I could find was a 5/16. I found a driveshaft in my stash that looks like it will fit just so I can drive it around & work out bugs. I'll order a new driveshaft once I'm ready to get on it harder. So I hope to get the fuel tank in this weekend. A bit concerned about the vent line. I wanted to install a driveshaft safety loop but it's tight under there so I think I can take it off the frame on the pass side. Will require some mocking. It's comming right along. Hopefully I can have it driving in a week or two

Last edited:
bob only sleeps 4 hours a day . mainly when hes working under the customers cars , lol . you are one of the round da clock guys . hey bob just scored some qa-1 uppers n lower tube control arms for my 64 cuda project . its going to be a clone of the 43jr cuda , well 340 6pck 4spd , not a 426 twin fours auto , not blue . its black . 14 x 6 3/4 americans for the noise , 15 x 8's steely's in the rear . like your pick up project . smog rules out here keep those years pretty stock . had an 84 la with a od 4spd . like my older pre smog one better . got a 72 w200 crewcab , putting a hd ind 413rb loadflite in . plenty of grunt there .

IMG_8578.JPG
IMG_8577.JPG
IMG_8575.JPG
Finally, finally, finally got project D440 moving under its own power. Got the fuel sender from LMC truck installed. Had to reinstall the old drive shaft. The one from my stash that is the correct size has a frozen U joint. I need to buy a new drive shaft anyway. I was so excited at how good it was running. I jumped in & started driving around the yard. I hit the brakes & that's when I remembered I had not finished the brakes yet. WHEW it's all good. Didn't hit anything. Pull in the driveway & gave her the first bath she has has in years. The engine sounds great & the truck sits better with the lowering kit. Next finish up the brakes & order a new drive shaft. Then fab a safety loop.

it had it setting in it already , you lucked out . glad its a runner . what ya doing about exhaust ? mine would have been a better p/u with a 440 in it , had an od 4spd , but no balls in that 318 , smogged down . i dig driven my hotrod 64 d100 around . that 383 was a great install . sold my 69 dart gt body that had installed it in , a ran it hard . had more then less of the stuff to get it done . but brakes are still drums , going to put 75 d100 rotors n bearings/seals got to build some spindle sleeves for fitting it together and a bracket for the calipers , tried to get mopar calipers to fit . no room with the mags . so i'm resorting to gm p/u calipers . more rim clearance . can have weights on the rim with the gm stuff . although i have seen the viper calipers fit . just not ready to go to those until the engine gets pumped . that wreck'n yard motor was a great day . how would of thought , i'd find that in a out of the way truck bone yard . carma was good that day at least , lol . ya it was a yard transplant , now a msd on a chrysler electronic . tucked the msd unit under the dash for that vintage old school look

DSC03631.JPG

DSC07067.JPG

DSC07276.JPG

DSC07848.JPG

DSC09262.JPG

DSC09255.JPG

it had it setting in it already , you lucked out . glad its a runner . what ya doing about exhaust ? mine would have been a better p/u with a 440 in it , had an od 4spd , but no balls in that 318 , smogged down . i dig driven my hotrod 64 d100 around . that 383 was a great install . sold my 69 dart gt body that had installed it in , a ran it hard . had more then less of the stuff to get it done . but brakes are still drums , going to put 75 d100 rotors n bearings/seals got to build some spindle sleeves for fitting it together and a bracket for the calipers , tried to get mopar calipers to fit . no room with the mags . so i'm resorting to gm p/u calipers . more rim clearance . can have weights on the rim with the gm stuff . although i have seen the viper calipers fit . just not ready to go to those until the engine gets pumped . that wreck'n yard motor was a great day . how would of thought , i'd find that in a out of the way truck bone yard . carma was good that day at least , lol . ya it was a yard transplant , now a msd on a chrysler electronic . tucked the msd unit under the dash for that vintage old school look
Damn I wish you where my neighbor. I have headers & turbo muffs right off the collector for now. Sounds awesome

i ran the exhaust back behind the cab , into turbo's myself . ready for tail pipes , can copy my stock ones , got a drivers side from the /6 and a passanger side from the 69 crewcab 318 p/u , but not for long . got a great motor/trans a 440/727 from a 70 nyr and a 440 from my 75 ramcharger only had 60k on it . peeled it from parts for my 72 w200 crewcab i've got a h/m 413 ind with loadflite behind it .

DSC08197.JPG

69700006.jpg

69700003.jpg

there ate a day goes by i found some way to get dirty , lol . but thats what old men do , right . ''get down n dirty'' with a smile . lol .

ya me to , i'll always find a way . wow just pulled same weight off a american racing rim . it had 43 1/4 oz weights on it 36 in one spot . does say much about vintage looking tires does it . lol . the other rim has just about the same amount . rims had firestone wide white wall slicks , must be a china product . their were on a digger mach up , never left the garage . those tires must be egg shaped bad , could you feel that rise sitting on the r/e , lol .

Back