Before we had our C bodies...

sixpkrt

Reaction score
...I think its safe to say, many of us had muscle cars.
Found these vids on YT, probably 73/74 circa by seeing some of the Mfg models, and it reminded me of what some of the "older" guys were doing just a few years before I had my drivers license.

And as you are well aware of sixpkrt,, some of us still have some of our muscle cars....
I often wonder why it is some peeps moved away from the muscle cars they had ....

And as you are well aware of sixpkrt,, some of us still have some of our muscle cars....
I often wonder why it is some peeps moved away from the muscle cars they had ....
Might have something to do with many now having C-body "stature".:lol:

I often wonder why it is some peeps moved away from the muscle cars they had .
It took almost 30 years to get another muscle car since I last had one, and this ones not going anywhere.
1970 Coronet RT.jpeg

are you saying we got old?
I wouldn't take it that way, but in reality we're all getting older. If you can relate to those videos like me...uh, yep! :D

Last edited:
before my C bodies...was my first car. 1966 Dodge coronet 440 with a 318 poly. I bought it in 1994 for $75.00....traded it in 2000 for a 1968 Dodge Monaco 500 triple black with 383hp, AC, and cruise control...or whatever it was called...

My first car I traded for sheep. Tired of walking to school and in need of anything w an engine. Served me well until I could buy my first REAL car an AAR cuda purchased with actual money. 2 grand.

8109066F-9662-4B9C-BD50-7A04330C7553.jpeg

B85749C2-3B81-48B7-A29D-F0E09464A782.jpeg

My brother wrecked the futura when I passed it along to him for free. The cuda fell apart, high horsepower & rust do not mix....

Found my Duster I sold in '78. Putting back to the way it was when it left. Not going anywhere....

View attachment 366440

I am really happy for you. I would love to get my first car back - I still dream about it. I can't track it down or find the guy I sold it to, and I fear it's long gone.

Last edited:
That's sharp. I lost out on a '74 with a 400 4 spd . Same color combo exterior with a white interior, back around c1981

Thanks,
Whew 81 brings back memories, when I was working at a gas station in Scottsdale AZ. On my way back from lunch, I spied a white and black 70 Super bird for sale with 1800 on the windshield. Boss ok'd me being a bit late as he owned the station the bird was parked on as well. Went 2 blocks to my bank, got back with the cash and watched that car driving away . Closest I ever got to owning one. Ended up picking up a 70 sport satellite a few years later.

I know it's not a C body, but it was a full size car.
1972 Bel Air Sport Coupe, sold only in Canada. Should never have sold it... :(

But that was long ago...

72 Bel Air scan0001.jpg

Never owned a muscle car my c-body has got enough power to do what i want it to do

The first car I bought at 17 by saving my money and drinking other peoples beer.
20170221_160505.jpg

Back