Belts - Preferred Brand

rexus31

Reaction score
It's time to replace the belts on my '65 300 'vert with Factory AC. I've not bought belts in some time and was curious if anyone has a preferred brand that may be better than the others. Gates, Continental and Dayco make belts for my application. Any preferred over the other?

All 3 of those that you mention are good quality belts.

I use Dayco just because they are a quality belt and easily accessible through AAP which is 5 minutes from my house.

I prefer Gates myself. They are an O.E. supplier for many new and old cars alike.

Gates, followed in a close second by Dayco. Both are still made here and both are high quality. These will cost about half again as much as the ChiCom crap sold at AutoBone or CarCrap, but they are well worth the extra cost.

Dave

You guys ready for this?

1. Can’t order Dayco from Rock Auto because they do not have appropriate documentation from Dayco to ship to CA per Prop 65 (if my memory serves me right).

2. Figured I’d give the local O’Reilly’s a shot. THEY LIST NO BELTS FOR A ‘65 300! None, zero, nada. I couldn’t believe it!

You guys ready for this?

1. Can’t order Dayco from Rock Auto because they do not have appropriate documentation from Dayco to ship to CA per Prop 65 (if my memory serves me right).

2. Figured I’d give the local O’Reilly’s a shot. THEY LIST NO BELTS FOR A ‘65 300! None, zero, nada. I couldn’t believe it!
Pretty bad when you have to smuggle belts into CA.

You guys ready for this?

Take the Dayco numbers from Rock Auto and give them to O'reilly's to interchange.

Figured I’d give the local O’Reilly’s a shot. THEY LIST NO BELTS FOR A ‘65 300! None, zero, nada. I couldn’t believe it!

It's something in their system. I needed something rather common (I can't remember what right now) for my '65 and got the same result. Nothing, nada in the system. Asked the guy to look it up under a '67, same thing, then looked under '68 and found it.

Back