bench seat motors / adjustos - 1968 anyone R&R before?

saylor

Reaction score
O wise and venerable forum!

I have a front bench seat in a 1968 fury III fasttop. the seat is motorized, but has not functioned since I got the car.

Has anyone goofed with the electricals/motors/etc? Can I take a drill and wind the adjustos manually?

Thanks for the advice!

- saylor

[QUOTE="saylor,

Has anyone goofed with the electricals/motors/etc? Can I take a drill and wind the adjustos manually?[/QUOTE]

First check for current to the switch harness. The cables can be turned with a drill motor once disconnected at the motor end.

Take a read through the FSM section on the seat adjusters. The electrical tests are pretty good.

20170427_200332.jpg
our target is aquired.
so dude told me that the end gears are for up/down of the front/rear of the seat, and the gear in the middle is the <> front back adjust. dude says it works on a cable with a square head stabbed into the worm gear arrangement. he also cautioned that if i manual the gears with a drill or whatever - to try to keep them even between the left side / right side gears - or I may bind the seat tracks.. .awesome.

i do not think i have the wire harness - the best I could think of is to take my portable 12v power supply and hit the contact points on the relay box thing and see if i get any life out of this thing.

i dont even want the motorized bench, I just need to get the front end down, and slide the thing all the way back, and it will never move again.

- saylor

Wow.. I just looked in a 65 FSM. That power seat is a lot different than my 70!

i think you are saying ' this is about to become an educational post for the forum' heh

oh well, someones gotta be first :)

i hope to get after it tonight/this weekend after chores.

the seats are recovered and ready to go into the car.

wahoo!

- saylor

i think you are saying ' this is about to become an educational post for the forum' heh

oh well, someones gotta be first :)

Yep, kinda looks that way!

Because I'm sitting around today (long story), I downloaded a 68 FSM and I was surprised that the section on the power seats didn't have much. So I had a 66 and a 67 FSM and they don't seem to have anything.

That's really funny to me... My 70 FSM has some decent info and the 65 FSM has some too.

If it goes anything like the other accessories, Chrysler probably used the same stuff Ford and others makes used. It might be worth some generic searching and I'll bet some T-Bird guy has already gone through this with a similar unit.

Back