Bendix booster stud spacing.

69polara440

Reaction score
I am planning on doing a drum to disc conversion on my Polara. It’s currently equipped from the factory with a Midland Ross booster. Will the Bendix bolt in without modifications?

I am planning on doing a drum to disc conversion on my Polara. It’s currently equipped from the factory with a Midland Ross booster. Will the Bendix bolt in without modifications?
Yes. Booster is a bolt in. Be sure to install a proportioning valve to rebalance the brake system.
Dave

Do I need a metering valve too?

Factory disc cars have a metering valve installed at the left right split at the front cross member. If you want to install the metering valve, you do not need the proportioning valve assuming you use a factory metering valve.

Dave

what if theres a drum brake combo valve there already you just screwed him.

he said hes going from drum to disc.

yall got to think before you spew crap out of your mouth.

its why i quit coming here so much everyone turned into andy granatelli.

The drum brake cars have a distribution block at the front cross member that is removed to install the metering valve, that gives the installation a stock appearence. Most people doing the conversion leave that front distribution block in place and install a proportioning valve. It will work either way.

Dave

Last edited:
oh you didnt say any of that when you told him to slap on a prop valve.

what does he do with the combo valve just toss it in the trash?

oh you didnt say any of that when you told him to slap on a prop valve.

what does he do with the combo valve just toss it in the trash?

Typically, the brake warning valve would be removed and a proportioning valve with the brake warning feature would be installed in its place. If the metering valve is used, the brake warning valve is retained as it is the same for drum and disc brakes.

Dave

Back