Best trucker movie ever?

3C's & a D?

Reaction score
IMG_20191030_195307.jpg

A while back we were discussing the classic movie "Duel". I wanted to bring this one up for anyone who hasn't heard of it. Has anyone seen it? Randy Travis plays a tone deaf, off key, aspiring country singer! Meatloaf plays an evil, god fearing kingpin. And Patrick Swayze plays, well, Patrick Swayze. It made me look up what a Jake brake was. I'm not a trucker by any means, but man! Some of the chase scenes are top notch! Getting a car chase scene right is an art few can accomplish. Getting it right, with semi's? Unreal!

View attachment 326641
A while back we were discussing the classic movie "Duel". I wanted to bring this one up for anyone who hasn't heard of it. Has anyone seen it? Randy Travis plays a tone deaf, off key, aspiring country singer! Meatloaf plays an evil, god fearing kingpin. And Patrick Swayze plays, well, Patrick Swayze. It made me look up what a Jake brake was. I'm not a trucker by any means, but man! Some of the chase scenes are top notch! Getting a car chase scene right is an art few can accomplish. Getting it right, with semi's? Unreal!
They filmed that movie in Wilmington, about 30 minutes from where I live.

Also, "Maximum Overdrive" is probably my favorite "truck-related" movie, with "Smokey & The Bandit" in a strong first.

They filmed that movie in Wilmington, about 30 minutes from where I live.

Also, "Maximum Overdrive" is probably my favorite "truck-related" movie, with "Smokey & The Bandit" in a strong first.

So I take it you must have watched "Black dog" given the "locality principal"? What did you think?

I totally forgot about Maximum overdrive! Haven't seen that one in ages. EMILIO!

So I take it you must have watched "Black dog" given the "locality principal"? What did you think?

I totally forgot about Maximum overdrive! Haven't seen that one in ages. EMILIO!
I only vaguely remember it, and I can't say it left a lasting impression either way.

Back