For Sale Best Website to Sell My Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Castlereagh

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi, All:
I need to sell my other antique (83 Eldorado Biarritz) in order to buy a C body. What is the best website to do this? EBAY seems to have fallen out of favor. Don't know why. Any help would be appreciated.

I hope I'm posting this on the right board.

Thanks

Hi, All:
I need to sell my other antique (83 Eldorado Biarritz) in order to buy a C body. What is the best website to do this? EBAY seems to have fallen out of favor. Don't know why. Any help would be appreciated.
I hope I'm posting this on the right board. Thanks
Just curious, why do you think ebay has fallen out of favor?
Why not set a reserve and offer it on ebay? Not sure what you have to lose except a few $ for an ad fee.

Just curious, why do you think ebay has fallen out of favor?
Why not set a reserve and offer it on ebay? Not sure what you have to lose except a few $ for an ad fee.
When I search for old cars, EBAY has maybe 20% of them; used to be 80% if I recall correctly. Also, they have 73,000 listings right now. If memory serves, that number was well over a million about 5 to 10 years ago. Perhaps, however, my memory is wrong on both counts.

When I search for old cars, EBAY has maybe 20% of them; used to be 80% if I recall correctly. Also, they have 73,000 listings right now. If memory serves, that number was well over a million about 5 to 10 years ago. Perhaps, however, my memory is wrong on both counts.
Thanks for your response. Always glad to hear from a fellow Virginian. I have no information to prove or disprove whether your memory is correct. But if 80% of all cars are selling elsewhere, of course, the question is: where are they being sold? I have looked on Hemmings website and there certainly aren’t very many Chrysler C bodies on it. One member here, Wollfen, sells his cars on Craigslist. There are people who say that Craigslist is passé too. The only thing that I do know was that I was watching a 2007 Mustang GT on auction with 51,000 miles, convertible, automatic transmission, in nice condition, and the final bid price on eBay was $9600. The owner had set it as a no reserve auction, and in my opinion, he got hammered on price. One auction doesn’t prove anything, but it could be that not as many people are watching eBay as used to, so prices aren’t as high.

I think I might start with a forum like this and either list on forum or ask the Cadillac owners where to sell
https://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-seville-cadillac-eldorado-forum/

Best of luck! Ben

A broker as www.StreetsideClassics.com or www.GatewayClassics.com has showrooms in many of the metro areas in the nation. I suspect there might be one close to your location. Give them the car, under a normal 90 day contract, decide "pricing", and see what happens as THEY put it on many different websites themselves. That way, not just ONE website, but many. Their websites are searchable for location and make/model/year/etc.

We have both of them in the DFW area. One member in another car club has used Streetside with good results, several times.

See what you think,
CBODY67

Biggest problem with Ebay is half the time when you sell a car the buyer never pays. It has happened to me several times. I've had pretty good luck with Facebook Marketplace lately. Its free and you don't get all the scumbags like you do on craigslist. Make sure you "share" the post on like minded enthusiast pages which gets the most eyes on your post.

I sold a set of carbs on the market place with no issues other then the buyer thinking I was advertising in Cdn funds and he was American
He brought Cdn funds which was an immediate 32% discount for him
I pointed out that it was in US funds on the advertised item and he then paid me in US cash my asking price
No issues other than I suspect he was trying to get a bargain beyond the bargain I had the price set at...
I like the no fees thing for sure and your market will tend to be more locally based unless they have set the search parameters to search a long way from home

Personally I have sold every one of my cars on Craigslist’s and it is where I shop and find most of my stuff. If I had some kind of concurs car with a Hemi and such I’d probably do a consignment shop or have it be bid away on eBay. But my cars are drivers. Just a normal guy selling a normal car. I’ve never had any bad experiences with it.
Don’t you get charged a fee on eBay for listing a car even if it doesn’t sell?

Personally I have sold every one of my cars on Craigslist’s and it is where I shop and find most of my stuff. If I had some kind of concurs car with a Hemi and such I’d probably do a consignment shop or have it be bid away on eBay. But my cars are drivers. Just a normal guy selling a normal car. I’ve never had any bad experiences with it.
Don’t you get charged a fee on eBay for listing a car even if it doesn’t sell?
I was at Camp Lejeune from 83 to 85. 3rd Bn, 6th Reg...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back