Big Blue, the 67 Crown Coupe - Managing Director Edition

imon_2nd

Reaction score
Hello, Imp Fans.
I bought my car today and joined this forum. Pics are in my garage. It's a solid runner that could be restored to national show quality, but that's not my thing. Hopefully, I can use it for local meets and cruises. First steps: fix brakes, PS fluid leak, and AC system. Then, I've got to find or build the 3-position table.
Cheers,
Dave

Just saw your pics,,very very nice!!

Hello, Imp Fans.
I bought my car today and joined this forum. Pics are in my garage. It's a solid runner that could be restored to national show quality, but that's not my thing. Hopefully, I can use it for local meets and cruises. First steps: fix brakes, PS fluid leak, and AC system. Then, I've got to find or build the 3-position table.
Cheers,
Dave
Dave,
If you want some more information and various photos of the table, please visit the online imperial club website - imperialclub.com, and choose imperials by year, then 1967. There are four vehicles featuring the "Mobile Director" option as this was called. Also, in the lagniappe section in the right middle of the page there's a link "Mobile Director Coupes" containing various articles. The "Photo Album" under 1967 has various shots which you may find helpful in recreating the table.

It may also be worth inquiring with FCA North America Historical Services after Jan 1 2017 when they re-open as they may have information if you haven't recreated the table by then.

All the best with your rare and beautiful car.

Last edited:
What's wrong with your brakes?

:welcome:.......... Nice to meet you Dave. welcome from Alabama.
You might contact this fellow, (Robert). A well connected Imperial collector.
I guess it would help to have the site info.
chryslercrazy.com

Last edited:
:welcome:.......... Nice to meet you Dave. welcome from Alabama.
You might contact this fellow, (Robert). A well connected Imperial collector.
I guess it would help to have the site info.
chryslercrazy.com

According to that website, Robert died in 2006. Or, maybe I've got the wrong guy?

They pull to the left. Could be a glazed pad on the right. I'll find out as soon as the car gets here from Oregon.
Might be a leaky caliper on the right. I just had mine rebuilt with SS sleeves and am very pleased. No reproduction front brake parts for the Budd system including pads so we are forced to find nos pads and have calipers rebuilt.

a-32.jpg

This car? It was a featured car on the car site "Bring A Trailer" a couple of weeks ago. They had a link to a Craigslist ad the seller had.

Rare Mobile Director: 1967 Imperial Crown Coupe

My car arrived at my house half a day late, today, looking the same as when I test drove it in Oregon on Tuesday. Funny thing is, the guy who sold it to me said the car hauler had caused a big traffic accident 5 miles from where the car was picked up. The newspaper story clearly shows my car on the wrecked rig (below). Sheesh.
Montway Trucker Crash.jpg

Wow, close call!

Makes me want to turn in my CDL, I'm not against doing things with trucks that are not the normal traffic pattern to prevent getting further down a bad road but WTF.

Big Blue Update:
To fix the slight pull to the left when braking, my brother suggested hitting the brakes hard while in reverse. Did that and it worked! I'm not sure why, unless it was one of the rear drum type brakes that was out of adjustment.
That car transporter accident did do some damage to the front sub-frame on the driver's side. Now, the steering gear box won't hold fluid for long. So, I shipped it out for a rebuild. The impact also bent something in the suspension, making the car sit a half inch higher on the drivers side front. A body and frame restoration guy is looking into that. Fortunately, all the sheet metal seems unharmed -- panel gaps unchanged.

Who's insurance is going to cover the damage?

Back