Big easy, New orleans.

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Well..... Jazebelles packed up, Fresh oil change, fresh trans filter & fluid, new exhaust ..... 6 am i'll pull her out, hook up to the pop up and put her in the wind to New Orleans and the Big Easy Mopar club show & event.
Friday starts with a swamp tour on a float boat to a lunch only accessible by boat. Then the afternoon in the French Quarter, Should find something to do there.... And a Cajun dinner and party into the wee hours.

Saturday, the car show. I'll try and remember the camera. Be back home Monday. :icon_pidu:

Living the dream...... A well deserved retirement, beautiful woman, old cars and wings spread.

And fellows this is why Will has gotta be on top of the list.... he's got it all without a care...

Look forward to seeing the pictures

Love that town, can't wait to hear about your trip you lucky dog.

I think some of us should get together take up a collection to see if we can't get Will to have a class or seminar on how to enjoy your retirement as a car guy. Almost forgot we will need Peter's input also.

Last edited:
Have a great trip. Be safe and enjoy the ride and the destination.

I have noticed one thing that stands out every time I see Will.......

He is always smiling!!!!

The perfect epitome we all desire.....

Alright everyone, DROP what your doing ..... Go find your bucket list ..... And add "The Big Easy Mopar club" show somewhere in the top 5. This show rivals Carlisle. Carlisle has the cars and the parts, but Big Easy Mopars trumps them in entertainment and just plain fun. Those Cajuns know how to throw a party...!!!!!!
I'll down load my pictures tomorrow and it's gonna take a few posts to cover the whole deal.

WOW.....! What a trip, I wanna do that again...!
The trip down Thursday, (about 6 1/2 hours), went OK. A little cloudy, some sprinkles and a steady rain when we got to New Orleans. It stopped long enough to get the pop up camper set up. Then rained all night.

Friday morning it was still raining pretty steady when we left for the days planned events. 6:30 AM I pull out of the RV site for the 20 mile trip to the host hotel and meeting place, Switch on the wipers which make one swipe and quit....! Thank goodness for rain-x. I put a fresh coating on before we left home. It rained the entire way but we made it OK. Breakfast was ready, about 150 folks from all over were there. We had an orientation meeting, some special guests were introduced, (Tim & Pam Welborn, Herb McCandless, Rob Wolf, and some reknown Mopar restorers whose names escape me). We were giving a rundown of the days events including a surprise at the end of the day..... OH Boy.

We then all loaded into the three big tour busses and headed out for the Swamp tour and lunch. The rain stopped about the time the tour began,
I'll let the pictures do the talking.

DSC01827 (Small) (2).jpg

DSC01828 (Small).jpg

DSC01830 (Small).jpg

DSC01831 (Small).jpg

DSC01832 (Small).jpg

DSC01833 (Small).jpg

DSC01834 (Small).jpg

DSC01835 (Small).jpg

DSC01836 (Small).jpg

DSC01837 (Small).jpg

After a great lunch of southern fried chicken, red beans and rice, gumbo and some kind of voodoo love cake, we all loaded back on the busses which took us, and dropped us off in the French quarter of New Orleans with a promise that they'ed be back at 5;00.
It was tough avoiding stuffing ourself's at the many resterants after breakfast, lunch and the promise of a real cajin dinner at the party later. But we managed to cram in as much fun as we could. If you've ever been to New Orleans you know that's easy to do, If you never have been ...... GO.!

A few more pictures......

DSC01851 (Small).jpg

DSC01852 (Small).jpg

DSC01853 (Small).jpg

DSC01854 (Small).jpg

DSC01855 (Small).jpg

DSC01856 (Small).JPG

DSC01857 (Small).jpg

DSC01858 (Small).jpg

DSC01859 (Small).jpg

DSC01860 (Small).jpg

Very nice Will. What is the name of the show?

I'll have to add this one to my list.

Back