Big old '48 Crown Imperial

crv

Reaction score
One of my favourite (Chrysler) Imperials: 1948 Chrysler Crown Imperial
1948 Chrysler Crown Imperial Touring Sedan... Survivor
Last registered in California 1966
Has original paint and chrome, both should polish up nicely with few blemishes....Original interior clean needs minor attention,
Jump seats, Sunvisor
Has some rust around trunk lip
We purchased the vehicle in 2002 from a large estate in Portola Valley with History
Brought home, got it running, cleaned the gas tank....Lost interest and has been parked in our garage ever since
Needs tires
VIN# C402249
For appointment to purchase call show contact info
00w0w_6NgeVqtvhT7_1200x900.jpg

00n0n_er1jPqnG45j_1200x900.jpg

00101_iLBgSZ9MS7J_1200x900.jpg

00e0e_jFS990iYEWJ_1200x900.jpg

00X0X_iGkcXnWzLEz_1200x900.jpg

00r0r_jMIxKc8LrWV_1200x900.jpg

Sweet! A little before my time, but those cars sure do have a dignity and class about them. A world gone by, that we'll never see again . . .

Tapped for cash currently, but my personal goal by the time I hang 'em up would be to own a car from each decade. Hopefully you'll have no problem finding that baby a nice home.

Tapped for cash currently, but my personal goal by the time I hang 'em up would be to own a car from each decade. Hopefully you'll have no problem finding that baby a nice home.
It's not mine, but I sure wish it was. I had the pleasure of riding in a 1948 Chrysler New Yorker about 4 years ago and boy was that nice, this being a longer wheel base vehicle, surely it must glide along ever so smooth and quiet.

I love those this 1940s style.
These cars have so much class, I hope this one gets saved. I always appreciate these cars when I see them and they are not converted into chopped n lowered hotrods with some 90s Nissan leatherseats on the inside

I wonder how good the supply of Nos parts is with cars from that decade..
Have been at a salvage yard in Texas once didn't see any of those cars just from 50s to 70s ... Maybe the older ones have already been crushed?!

I wonder how good the supply of Nos parts is with cars from that decade..
Have been at a salvage yard in Texas once didn't see any of those cars just from 50s to 70s ... Maybe the older ones have already been crushed?!
Not many of these C40 Crown Imperial Sedans were made (650 between 1947 and 1948 and 750 C40 Limousines 1946 to 1948 according to Imperial Club figures), finding any missing parts would be a nightmare.
I love those this 1940s style.
These cars have so much class, I hope this one gets saved. I always appreciate these cars when I see them and they are not converted into chopped n lowered hotrods with some 90s Nissan leatherseats on the inside
Exactly. There was a blue C40 for sale a few months ago which looked nice (incorrectly restored), but they had shoved a Chev motor in it, they could've at least put a Mopar engine in the car.

All in all that's a nice car. But for that kinda cash you'd think they'd at least drag it out and wash it.

Love the wood inside, I can't imagine having power windows back then!

Although it looks like wood, I think it is actually plastic - and it has held up well. At least it was in our families' 1948 Dodge. That car does have crank windows, not power but some of the handles are not mounted, but rather on the floors.

Although it looks like wood, I think it is actually plastic - and it has held up well. At least it was in our families' 1948 Dodge. That car does have crank windows, not power but some of the handles are not mounted, but rather on the floors.
Ahhh thanks Steve I didn't catch that.
Ok then I should add that for $15k he should at least wash it AND Put the window cranks back on, oh and put some Behold on that dash, wood or plastic. There how's that.
If he wants a pretty penny, I think an hour's worth of cleaning would be a good investment.

Back