Binky's Search for a Mopar C body Cop Car

Binky1945

Reaction score
1970 Plymouth Fury3

Hello sauterd, will you please contact me at 859 575.4444 in regards to your cop car. Thank you, Jim Dent
Posted: 6 days ago

print
favorite this post 1970 Plymouth Fury3 - $17500 (Houston) hide this posting
image 1 of 10
00z0z_gEO5d6j0lT2_600x450.jpg

00O0O_8vOvRdc7bwJ_600x450.jpg

00q0q_hHq8PAM4oxc_600x450.jpg

00P0P_c2djdlSiTZS_600x450.jpg

01111_7BhPCNKjwLy_600x450.jpg

00909_E2WkTUZb41_600x450.jpg

00D0D_jLy9YHVOaKN_600x450.jpg

00N0N_48yRom5hPvw_600x450.jpg

00z0z_3HXr1heQMSl_600x450.jpg

00q0q_3Q4Vvcn5see_600x450.jpg

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)

1970 Plymouth Fury

cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
paint color: white
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: sedan

1970 Plymouth Fury3 police Pursuit for sale. Fully restored inside and out, engine,tranny,interior,tires,wheels,brakes,front-end,gas tank and line. This was a special order for the Washington State Police Highway Patrol. I have full documentation including build sheet of this rare numbers matching Fury 3 police car. 440 Super Commando engine,Torqueflite Auto with a 2-speed shift kit,3.23 factory Sure-Grip Posi-rear,AC,PB, radio-delete,new 750cfm Edelbrock,updated electronic ignition, special order factory dual exhaust with Flowmasters. It was even ordered with a factory installed rear window defogger and 6-way power bench seat! Repainted Chrysler Spinnaker White,Engine was rebuilt to factory specs but with hardened valve train to accomodate today's ethanol gas. Starter was replaced with a faster spinning double reduction modern Mopar starter from a Ram truck.Spotlight works!! I am asking $17,500 OBO. Over 25 k invested. Only 1,500 miles since rebuild. There's not anything around like this. A real head turner and conversation starter. Feel free to ask any questions. Serious inquiries only.
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 5610229637

posted: 2016-05-29 7:41pm

updated: 2016-05-30 2:18pm

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

Avoid scams, deal locally Beware wiring (e.g. Western Union), cashier checks, money orde

Hello all, just joined the forum and am seriously interested in this Ex-Police Fury. However, am I reading correctly that it has already sold (please forgive my ignorance on following posts!)?

I hope he does check in.
Hey Tallhair, Would you please call me at 859 575.4444 for some questions. I see where you responded to my questions but I cannot locate your reply. I am really having troubles working this site. That and considering that I am pretty much dumb as a rock on computers makes things a real chore for me. Thank you, Jim Dent

Kentucky.
Hey amazinblue82, Hey Tallhair, Would you please call me at 859 575.4444 for some questions. I am pretty much dumb as a rock on computers and that makes communication and other things a real chore for me. If you can't reply by phone, do you know who and where in Ky this white 70 Fury went. Thank you, Jim Dent

Hey Tallhair, Would you please call me at 859 575.4444 for some questions. I see where you responded to my questions but I cannot locate your reply. I am really having troubles working this site. That and considering that I am pretty much dumb as a rock on computers makes things a real chore for me. Thank you, Jim Dent

Have you looked at this thread with pic instructions? Do so and practice a little and I'll call you in a little while.

Posting pictures as full size when uploading

I hope he does check in.
Hey amazinblue82, Hey Tallhair, Would you please call me for some questions. I am pretty much dumb as a rock on computers and that makes communication and other things a real chore for me. If you can't reply by phone, do you know who and where in Ky this white 70 Fury went. Thank you, Jim Dent

Binky1945, Tallhair -- is this settled? Lemme know :)

Binky1945, i didn't indicate EXACTLY where it went for buyer privacy. Buyer is a good guy though so if you have questions or something, just send me a PM here and I will see what I can do for you to get some answers.

Binky1945, i didn't indicate EXACTLY where it went for buyer privacy. Buyer is a good guy though so if you have questions or something, just send me a PM here and I will see what I can do for you to get some answers.

he is contacting me about website help ... don't know about anything else. I'm going to call now Binky

btw Jim's looking to restore a cop car for his home county PD. He said this is the best forum he's found for Mopar C body and Cop car info. He's not a long time forum person but sounds like a great guy. He and his buddy are retired policemen doing a very nice thing for those still serving and their community.

btw Jim's looking to restore a cop car for his home county PD. He said this is the best forum he's found for Mopar C body and Cop car info. He's not a long time forum person but sounds like a great guy. He and his buddy are retired policemen doing a very nice thing for those still serving and their community.

judging by what he wrote/how he said it, i got the impression as well that he is EXACTLY the kinda person (motivated to restore, enthusiastic, dedicated to the platform via experience in the driver seat,etc, ) we want associated with FCBO. i also will call him later.

so he laid it all out for me, provided contact information , and so on, so we GOTTA try to help him out. :)

judging by what he wrote/how he said it, i got the impression as well that he is EXACTLY the kinda person (motivated to restore, enthusiastic, dedicated to the platform via experience in the driver seat,etc, ) we want associated with FCBO. i also will call him later.

so he laid it all out for me, provided contact information , and so on, so we GOTTA try to help him out. :)

concur ... let's make it happen

I am not up on how to do a PM yet, honest! I would like to try to purchase the car from him. Or at least get in line to. I am in central Ky. I would like to contact him and s

I am not up on how to do a PM yet, honest! I would like to try to purchase the car from him. Or at least get in line to. I am in central Ky. I would like to contact him and s

Jim, its all good. You're doing fine. you don't need to make any other public posts to try to get the connection you seek :).

I am getting and responding to your PM's just fine. And i just sent you a personal email. I will try to call you yet today - Saturday August 13 - or tomorrow to close the loop. Thanks!

I tried to scan in a couple of old photos from 1973. They are images of my first cruiser. It was a 1973 460 c.i. Ford custom500 four door pillared hardtop.
When my class of fifty-three came out on to the street we were all assigned one of these.
The two graduating classes prior to mine were the last to receive Plymouths. They all received the 1972 and 1973 440s.
When all of these rides were finally retired because of rotating age and condition Lexington had some of the fastest taxis in the state if not the whole U.S.
I had the one '73 Ford, Two Plymouths '78 & '81 and two Dodges '79 and '85 before I retired.
The Ford was certified to 140 and it would do every bit of it.
I rode Interstates 64 and 75 mostly and backed up other in-city officers on serious dispatched calls on the northern outskirts of town towards five West to South surrounding counties.
Also If there are any other prior police on the site we have a Smith & Warren account and we can put you in touch to buy a retirement badge if you didn't receive one from your agency.

Jim, its all good. You're doing fine. you don't need to make any other public posts to try to get the connection you seek :).

I am getting and responding to your PM's just fine. And i just sent you a personal email. I will try to call you yet today - Saturday August 13 - or tomorrow to close the loop. Thanks!
OK, thanks, I'll hush now.

OK, I'll work on my manners and persistence problems though.

we all know that "rush" we feel when the exact thing we are looking for suddenly turns up. no problem :)

i will get you fixed up on this particular one and you guys can figure out the rest without me in the middle. in the meantime, if you didnt already, if you go through the origial thread where you found the car and thread you will see a couple of current and former owners of '70 Fury squads.

They will also know things that might help you in your efforts. Only requirement? Post pics here if you can when you make progress :)

Last edited:
Back