Bird Doggin a Buddy Seat

polara10x500

Reaction score
LOOKING AT A FAIRLY NICE BUDDY SEAT ON EBAY, SAYS 68 69 70 E BODY. WILL IT BOLT RIGHT IN TO 69 C BODY?

More than anything you need the brackets that are welded to the floor. without them you are up the creek without a paddle.

Make sure what vehicle that seat actually came out of! IF it came out of a '68, then it'll probably go back to a 1965 C-body. IF it came out of a '69, then it'll probably go up to a '73 C-body. PLUS any brackets to the floor pan that it would bolt to.

Brackets, you can probably get an idea of what they need to be in the illustrations in the FSM, which show the console and automatic trans shift linkage. INCLUDING the little inset at the top for when the console came with a column shift, which resulted in a matching block-off plate for the shifter's slot in the console top piece. Once you know what the brackets might be, then you could fab some with some substantial strap metal items.

What might the use of that center seat ultimately be? Just curious.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

SAYS HE BELIEVES IT CAME OUT OF A 69 CHARGER BUT NOT SURE, MY 69 POLARA 500 VERT HAS THE BOTTOM PART OF THE SEAT BUT NO FLIP UP AN DOWN BUDDY/ARMREST PART. MAYBE THE TOP PART WAS NOT RESTORABLE OR WAS MISSING ALL TOGETHER WHEN INTERIOR WAS RECOVERED IN LEATHER. WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE WHOLE SEAT, ARMREST WOULD BE NICE.

I’ve got at least one nice one that’s probably’67/8 I’ll have a closer look at it on Monday.

SAYS HE BELIEVES IT CAME OUT OF A 69 CHARGER BUT NOT SURE, MY 69 POLARA 500 VERT HAS THE BOTTOM PART OF THE SEAT BUT NO FLIP UP AN DOWN BUDDY/ARMREST PART. MAYBE THE TOP PART WAS NOT RESTORABLE OR WAS MISSING ALL TOGETHER WHEN INTERIOR WAS RECOVERED IN LEATHER. WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE WHOLE SEAT, ARMREST WOULD BE NICE.

It would probably take a parts book item search to determine if the B and C-body items would interchange exactly. By observation, many car parts which look or are suspected as being "the same" really are not as "the same" as might be suspected, by observation. "Devil in the details", many times. BTAIM.

On the other hand, checking the pn for the base and foam structure would be the part numbers to check, NOT possibly the covering (as that could be car line specific with the different grains and colors of the vinyl covering) itself. Possibly a Hollander Interchange Manual could offer some clarity? Not sure if they are only concerned with chassis/mechanical parts and might include interior trim, too?

CBODY67

Back