Bitter sweet show

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I took jezebelle to a Mopar show Saturday. First time out without Ellie. She was looking forward to attending this show and was going to be registering the show cars as they arrived. It was a tough drive over without Ellie's physical presence but She was riding with me, smiling and happy as always.
About 80 Mopars, some VERY nice restorations. Jezebelle won another award ..... just shows that even if Ellie was not there, she is still a winner.

Some pictures.

DSC03858.JPG
DSC03859.JPG
DSC03860.JPG
DSC03861.JPG
DSC03862.JPG
DSC03863.JPG
DSC03864.JPG
DSC03865.JPG
DSC03866.JPG
DSC03867.JPG

some folks from Big Easy Mopars in New Orleans were there cooking up huge pots of Gumbo, Jambolia and red beans & rice from scratch. They do this at every event they attend and then feed everyone for free.
I was enlisted to stir the Gumbo from start to finish. It's a real honor for them to trust an old northern boy with their Gumbo. I healed a little.

DSC03872.JPG
DSC03871.JPG
DSC03870.JPG

Thanks for the great pics, my hat is off to you Will.

Great to see Jezebelle again and glad to see you are out and about! I actually like that Colt wagon in the first post, didn't know they made those.

This is all I found.
cock·le
[ˈkäk(ə)l]
NOUN
cockles (plural noun)
  1. an edible, burrowing bivalve mollusk with a strong ribbed shell.
  2. literary
    a small shallow boat.

ORIGIN
Middle English: from Old French coquille ‘shell,’ based on Greek konkhulion, from konkhē ‘conch.’

cock·le
[ˈkäk(ə)l]
VERB
cockles (third person present)
  1. (of paper) bulge out in certain places so as to present a wrinkled or creased surface; pucker.

ORIGIN
mid 16th cent.: from French coquiller ‘blister (bread in cooking),’ from coquille ‘shell’ (see cockle1

This is all I found.
cock·le
[ˈkäk(ə)l]
NOUN
cockles (plural noun)
  1. an edible, burrowing bivalve mollusk with a strong ribbed shell.
  2. literary
    a small shallow boat.

ORIGIN
Middle English: from Old French coquille ‘shell,’ based on Greek konkhulion, from konkhē ‘conch.’

cock·le
[ˈkäk(ə)l]
VERB
cockles (third person present)
  1. (of paper) bulge out in certain places so as to present a wrinkled or creased surface; pucker.

ORIGIN
mid 16th cent.: from French coquiller ‘blister (bread in cooking),’ from coquille ‘shell’ (see cockle1
Really?, I didn't think you were retired quite yet.:poke:

The cockle shell is heart shaped. That is where the term comes from.

Will, it's great to see a smile on your face! Ellie will always be riding with you.

Back