BitterSweet is home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Picked it up today.
Sad pulling away from the seller.
He bought it for his wife. He owns a '62 Dodge. It was so they could go to shows together.
She died suddenly this last Dec. 23.
He kinda broke down. I felt I was stealing his memories of how much he loved her.
I don't feel good about it.

Ride home was totally uneventful. Beautiful day for a nice 45 minute drive. All windows open, arm hanging out.
I wanted a cigarette badly. Drove wonderfully for a car with 121,000 miles.
My favorite engine of all time: 383-2. Just as I remembered it from over 40 years ago. Smooth and more than enough power.
What it needs is immaterial from what I could determine from my first day with it. Minor stuff. I may do stuff. I may not.
Probably even leave on the flex upper radiator hose for a while. LOL. There is trim and emblems left off. They came with the car and are in the trunk. . After she died he just stopped doing stuff with it.
I named her BitterSweet.

2gwry4g.jpg

2uhydd4.jpg

2mmh06o.jpg

2nqcpxi.jpg

fdhyki.jpg

egv2i9.jpg

2jdm644.jpg

14xgoyf.jpg

xbmyaa.jpg

Last edited:
I am conflicted...I feel for the previous owner's sadness in losing his wife, but I'm equally stoked for you! There's nothing like that first drive in a "new" car. You described it perfectly.

WHAT no smokey burnout where is your inner child? LOL. Car is beautiful I am so jealous, a fast top Chrysler is definitely top on my list.

What a beautiful machine and heartbreaking story. As sad as that is that car needs to be enjoyed. What does the wifey think of the slabby?

Congrats Stan ... I'm a little jealous and love the color. Let's see the interior or just direct me to the discussion thread please

Knowing what happened before you bought the car will make you think. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. Congratulations on a successful search.

I really like that car.

I've always thought the cars like this have a soul. The lives of the people that own them add to that soul, make it a little deeper and more meaningful.

I'm glad you show the respect to the past owners. An awful lot of guys wouldn't do that.

Gorgeous car Stan, No vinyl top, windows down, nice rake...... all in the Floridian sun....perfect. Who says they have to be factory perfect to be perfect? What a driver!!

Given the story or not, the car belongs with you, the story just solidifies your care taking. Not one person on this board would appreciate that car more than you!!!

:VB toast:

Congrats Stan, lets hope you add a bunch more good memories to the life story of this car.

fdhyki.jpg

Stan Congratulations on your new find, A sad story for sure however a sure bitter sweet ending with you ending up with her. I know that you will take care her and make the previous owner proud. Ride it, enjoy it and may you have many many miles of happiness and smile with her. :3gears:

Beautiful car!! I'm sure the gentleman that you bought it from sat down and mourned. Not as much for the car but the loss of his wife and what the car reminded him of. In my heart I know this is right..this is good. If it had been any one other than you, I'd be sad. We all know how you love your car(s). I have a belief standard that I allow myself to imagine her looking down on you and knowing your heart. She is smiling. So go get em tiger. IMHO..."bitter sweet" sounds negative. I'm gonna call her "Sweetthang".

What is the history on this car Stan? Where is originally from? How many owners? Yadda, yadda, yadda......

Looks really good Stan. I only wonder what's going through the mind of the NYB. She remembers what happened to the 2 door after you brought her home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back