Black Box

Toirpanelsmasher

Reaction score
20170922_184449.jpg
Wondering if anyone has seen one of these wired into their electrical system like it is on my 1977 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham. . . . Don't know what it tests. . . Thank you

Looks like something to test gauges based upon the "Full" "1/2" "1/4" markings over the bottom row of buttons. Follow the wires and post some more pics. Might be a diagnostic tool some tech left behind years ago.

Looks like something to test gauges based upon the "Full" "1/2" "1/4" markings over the bottom row of buttons. Follow the wires and post some more pics. Might be a diagnostic tool some tech left behind years ago.
Thanks 70nyer. Will post some in next few days

Curious... can you tell us what wires it is connected to?

Check the thread on "Fuel Gauge not reading correctly" (or similar), from a few months ago. Trailer brake controls would have been wired-in and placed in a location easily accessible to the driver (so the adjustment might be changed quickly and easily, if needed). Mounted securely, usually, to the instrument panel area.

CBODY67

I have no guess, but I am curious if anyone knows the answer. First it must be after market or someone would have seen it before. Being around trailer brake controls all my life don't think it is that.

Could it be some kind of early diagnostic/manipulation equipment for the ignition system? Promising get great mpg by making adjustments on the fly?

I bet it is a complete gimmick what ever it is. With no name on the device you can't go after the company to get your money back if you can't find thier name. :)

Could it be one of those devices that corrects your fuel gauge? Does your fuel gauge work? If it does, which seems to be pretty rare these days...I'd say that's what it is.

That would be the control for your musical horns.

See if it plays La Cucaracha or Dixie.

one more solved at FCBO :)

. . . . .

damn if thats the 99 musical song horns horn, that thing is choice. i want to say play #87 for some reason.

dude. we got to find the song list.

see if there is a box that thing hooks to up in the dash or in the engine compartment.

Back