Blade Type Fuse Box

ridin_low07

Reaction score
Can anyone point me to a good write up of swapping over to a Blade Fuse Block? The tubes are getting harder to find around here and I was thinking of swapping out the blocks. Would also like to add a secondary block for stereo, amp, and other little add ons.

We offer some at Painless but I can tell you right now that the fuse block change over is not a very easy process and you would actually be better off replacing the wiring harness in the car that comes with the fuse block because you will have to modify the factory wiring so much that it will look horrible when its all said and done.

Could I get away with one of the Blue Sea marine fuse blocks and slowly start moving over one circuit at a time? I am thinking count the circuits already present and add a few for other accessories such as radio, amplifier if added, power trunk, and other little gizmos.

noticed a popular box to use as well is the mid 90's Cherokee main fuse block. Seems a simple enough design that I could just start repining one circuit at a time.

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I was on vacation (if you can call it that) last week. The part number for our harness is 10127 and you can check with Jegs, or Summit, and Kellycom bought one from Amazon and said it was the cheapest. but if you go that route make sure that it is new! Any fuse block you would use with the factory wiring you will have to modify. I noticed that you are in OKC just up the road from me. If you would be interested we could talk about me just wiring the car for you. Let me know what you think and what you want to know.

Jason

Why couldn't you just solder blade type holders into the existing tube type holders? A 20A blade offers the same protection as a 20A tube, no?

Back