NOT MINE Blue 1971 Plymouth Fury, Three On The Tree!

SportFury70

Reaction score
VERY unique and I think rare car right here. It is bare bones with no radio, no air, no power brakes or steering, and only a drivers outside mirror. Did I mention a slant 6 and three on the tree. The car is on Feebay with 6 days to go right now and it is currently at a price of $3,050. Hey @Tobias74 here is a car like yours!

1971 Plymouth Fury | eBay

OK I'll do the pics for posterity on this one, but they don't make it easy as I think there are a couple of Dups I have to weed out. (this maybe a 3 part'er)

1971 Plymouth Fury I 4dr 6cyl 3spd.001.jpg
1971 Plymouth Fury I 4dr 6cyl 3spd.002.jpg
1971 Plymouth Fury I 4dr 6cyl 3spd.003.jpg
1971 Plymouth Fury I 4dr 6cyl 3spd.004.jpg
1971 Plymouth Fury I 4dr 6cyl 3spd.005.jpg
1971 Plymouth Fury I 4dr 6cyl 3spd.006.jpg
1971 Plymouth Fury I 4dr 6cyl 3spd.007.jpg
1971 Plymouth Fury I 4dr 6cyl 3spd.008.jpg
1971 Plymouth Fury I 4dr 6cyl 3spd.009.jpg
1971 Plymouth Fury I 4dr 6cyl 3spd.010.jpg

Someone can do the text if they want. I'm not in a shouting mood this morning.

Wow, I like this car, a lot. Simple to the bone. Radio delete, even better. :thumbsup:

Text from the ad.

IF IT WERE NOT FOR THE ACCESSORY BUMPER GUARDS, THIS WOULD QUALIFY AS A "ZERO OPTIONS" CAR. THERE IS NO POWER STEERING, POWER BRAKES, AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION OR A/C. NOT EVEN AN AM RADIO WAS IN PLACE WHEN THIS PLYMOUTH LEFT THE FACTORY AND NO RADIO EQUIPMENT WAS INSTALLED OVER THE YEARS. THE DRIVETRAIN FEATURES CHRYSLER'S 225 INCH VERSION OF THE SLANT SIX DRIVING THRU A THREE SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION WITH COLUMN MOUNTED SHIFTER.

THE CAR WAS ACQUIRED IN 2018 FROM A MINNESOTA COLLECTOR WHO OWNED IT FOR ALMOST 20 YEARS ADDING VERY LITTLE MILEAGE TO THE CAR. CURRENT READING IS 37336. THE MINNESOTA TITLE INDICATED "ACTUAL MILEAGE". CURRENT PENNSYLVANIA TITLE, IN MY NAME, SHOWS "MILEAGE EXEMPT" DUE TO THE AGE OF THE VEHICLE. A STATEMENT WILL BE PROVIDED TO THE PURCHASER INDICATING THAT PRESENT ODOMETER READING IS BELIEVED TO REFLECT ACTUAL ACCUMULATED MILEAGE.

THIS PLYMOUTH WAS REFINISHED ONCE IN THE ORIGINAL COLOR BEFORE THE GENTLEMAN FROM MINNESOTA GOT THE CAR AND APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN DONE IN AIR-DRY ENAMEL. USE OF A POLISH CONTAINING MILD ABRASIVE RESULTS IN SOME BLUE COLOR APPEARING ON THE APPLICATOR. THERE IS NO INDICATION OF PREVIOUS REPAIR OF RUST-THRU ANYWHERE ON THE CAR. THERE IS A SHALLOW DENT ABOVE THE WHEEL OPENING ON THE RIGHT FENDER WITH NO BREAK IN THE PAINT. PHOTOS DO NOT PICK THIS UP. THIS WOULD BE AN IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR PAINTLESS DENT REPAIR IF DESIRED.

THE 15 INCH TIRES IN PLACE HAVE WHAT LOOKS TO BE PLENTY OF TREAD BUT ARE KNOWN TO BE OVER 20 YEARS OLD. TREAD IS PULLING AWAY FROM TIRE BODIES. FOR SAFETY, PLEASE PLAN TO TRANSPORT ON A TRAILER OR FLATBED. HORN IS NOT FUNCTIONAL AT PRESENT. THERE IS AN ISSUE WITH THE WINDOW REGULATOR ON THE LEFT FRONT DOOR AND THE HEATER CORE LIKELY NEEDS REPLACEMENT.

THE CAR IS PRESENTLY IN STORAGE IN A FRIEND'S BARN IN NIAGARA COUNTY, NEW YORK. IT IS ABOUT 3 HOURS FROM MY LOCATION. I WILL GLADLY MEET YOU THERE BY APPOINTMENT TO SHOW THE PLYMOUTH. ONE DAY ADVANCE NOTICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED. QUESTIONS TO BOB

Minnesota collector? Was this a @billyfury car?

Rubber floor mat.
Yep... really cool, but I learned my lesson about rubber floor mat cars a long time ago.

Unless the seller lets you pull up the mat, run away. The floors rust from the top down and can look perfect underneath.

Still... I love the simplicity of the car. It does draw me in and I wouldn't change a thing.

Thank you very much for posting the pictures up sir, I was seriously gonna post them but I posted the ad from the phone and it wouldn't let me download the pictures so I can post them here.

Again, thank you sir :):thumbsup:

The definition of a fleet car.

I see these as 'clergy' cars ordered by those that need very basic transportation at the lowest purchase and maintenance cost. This car could transport six sisters from the convent to town.

My college car was a no-option, brown 73 - 4 door Dodge Dart. A flood of memories, there is nothing you can't fix- rig - repair on these cars. Not too comfortable for long trips. At least my Dodge had some red paint on the dog dishes. Warning! Do not Armor-all the bench seats. Rookie mistake, like a huge slip and slide. :steering:

Added a Kraco AM/FM tape deck (with back light) and a rear window defrost for the four years living in the frozen tundra of Upper Michigan. Learned to leave it in 1st as grease in the column shift would sometimes freeze solid based on how cold it was.

I want this sooooo bad!

FQ5, what else is there to say? If this were a '71 Polara sedan, then I would have to restrain myself... but luckily PE41C1F179408 is a Plymouth sedan, so I am safe. Seriously, I am glad that someone has preserved it and hope that it will go to a good home. $4.5k bid so far.

Still... I love the simplicity of the car. It does draw me in and I wouldn't change a thing.
Truth be told these cars suck to drive locally.
The non-synchro 1st gear really sucks because you're going to be downshifting into it a lot because of the /6. No PS while downshifting into 1st while making a turn turns ugly on a 90° day real quick. And the ergonomics of a bench seat of that era are another thing.

But it's still cool! :lol:

Super cool Plymouth, I like it must be super slow with the slant six.

Back