SOLD Bluesmobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyphish

Reaction score
Contact seller
1977 Royal Monaco RUST FREE with 74 front clip. REAL 74 E86 K code HP 440 (30 over) cop driveline front to back. 2500 stall convertor, 5 stage shift kit, 3.23 pos, 7 bar leaf springs, HD T bars yata yata EVERY THING NEW!!. Less than 20 miles on it but begin break in this week. A real barge hot rod. Fresh Blumo paint with painted lettering, PA, siren and music off your phone etc. Just finished today and will be used in June 16th Bluesmobile reunion in Mount Prospect. Clear Louisiana title, just give me what we have in it. $20k Check Bluesmobile site under owners Blue-Too build for details. [email protected] for any additional info. I built this to be my daily driver but no indoor room. Thanks Stephen

IMG_0193.JPG

IMG_0198.JPG

IMG_0199.JPG

IMG_0181.JPG

Always found the movie a bit odd, what were people smoking back then?
The Bluesmobile was nice though, as is this one.

:rofl: You might want to research Formal prices around here... SFP= Standard Formal Price and the number is way lower than you'll like...

On the other hand, GLWS... maybe you can set a new benchmark for folks who are looking to sell theirs. :welcome:
picsart_04-15-09-44-31-jpg.jpg

@commando1 's on the left... Japanese Embassy Imperial on the right, restored by @Mr C

So is this a "Tribute Car"?
Oh no... the 76 NYB started life as a 76 NYB, and the 74 Imperial also was originally a 74 Imperial... though both have been repainted and had minor liberties taken with their originality... :rolleyes:

No No I meant OP or was that a :poke:

Let's go! I feel 20k of stupid going on here.

20k.NO.NO.jpg

NO NO and did I say NO? shall we go on?

No No I meant OP or was that a :poke:

Let's go! I feel 20k of stupid going on here.

View attachment 187904

NO NO and did I say NO? shall we go on?
You guys are rough. This was a car that someone else started, that crimp will be corrected along with the completed pushbar and spotlight. Thanks for pointing that out. As for the photo dates I just grabbed a camera out of the drawer which needs to be reset. You reckon this one is worth $20k?

GN1_5797_1.jpg

Last edited:
About 15 years ago, a long-time friend got the urge to build a Bluesmobile. Found an engine-less CHP car (verified) on eBay. Had it shipped in, got a mild/OEM level 440 built for it, etc. Did a CORRECT underhood restoration, emissions hardware and all! Ronnie was taller and lanky. He had a buddy that was shorter and stokier, so they'd dress up in inexpensive suits, sunglasses, and such when they drove the car. Ronnie had enough former work associates that he started to do appearances, which became quite popular.

The car had a few bumps and such, which were maintained. Even added a little patina, for good measure. He drove it all over the country. He'd gotten a B5/white vinyl top and interior '68 Satellite for graduation, so he knew what a good high performance Chrysler product should be.

Sadly, he is gone now. Not sure what happened with the car. One like it shows up at our Mopar club shows every so often. There's still "magic" in those cars! He and his buddy had a lot of fun putting that car together, which he was proud to talk about.

In the movie, as shots of the undersides of the cars flying through the air, they weren't all 4bbl dual exhaust cars, but the main car appeared to be. GREAT MOVIE! Made me smile a lot seeing those Mopar police cars in action (even if driven by non-driving actors).

CBODY67

They are never really finished if you know what I mean. This one is a little farther along and will be driven cross country in the Great Race again in a few weeks. . Just out of room for the Monaco. I do appreciate the interest. That Fury in the background is a real K code cop car and provided the driveline for the build. It was TOO rusty to restore.

IMG_0180.JPG

1974-plymouth-fury-440-hp-real-police-car-dukes-of-hazzard-blues-brothers-5[1].jpg

IMG_0183.JPG

Last edited:
You guys are rough. This was a car that someone else started, that crimp will be corrected along with the completed pushbar and spotlight. Thanks for pointing that out. As for the photo dates I just grabbed a camera out of the drawer which needs to be reset. You reckon this one is worth $20k?

View attachment 187932
Which one and why do you ask?

This makes me think zip ties were used in place of cotter pins. And then I look out at my own RMB and a single tear falls, just like the Indian, looking at a garbage dump.

IMG_20180528_083538.png

This makes me think zip ties were used in place of cotter pins. And then I look out at my own RMB and a single tear falls, just like the Indian, looking at a garbage dump.

View attachment 187956
Yes that needs some attention. Taped up all the headlight door and lean burn ignition wiring to get it to paint booth. We put in the plug and play MSD stuff which just needs a 12v ignition. All this lean burn stuff has tons of wires. Thanks for reminding me that needs some attention. I will get it on the rack and post some more stuff to critique. Like the quarters we made.

IMG_0119.JPG

IMG_0213.JPG

IMG_0221.JPG

IMG_0120.JPG

IMG_0194.JPG

The fast one.lol
Yes that needs some attention. Taped up all the headlight door and lean burn ignition wiring to get it to paint booth. We put in the plug and play MSD stuff which just needs a 12v ignition. All this lean burn stuff has tons of wires. Thanks for reminding me that needs some attention. I will get it on the rack and post some more stuff to critique. Like the quarters we made.

View attachment 187959

View attachment 187960

View attachment 187961

View attachment 187962

View attachment 187963

Went out to work on car, that was an old motor pic heading to paint. Excess wiring is all removed and pertinent wiring loomed by one of my crew. I am new to this thread and by no means a C body expert. I apologize for trying to fleece America as I have now looked at other cars for sale on here. I thought the average 1974 440 Joe was a 275 HP deal and the E86 375 HP 440 was special police package. Now I see these 1500 to 2500 cars on this thread and just about all of them have K code package 9.25 3.23 pos with 7 leaf spring, large torsion bars, large brakes, quick ratio steering with cooler, HD 727 with cooler, 2500 convertor, forged steel crank, six pack rods, balanced rotating assembly, double roller timing chain, special cam, intake, oil pump and T quad, 3 core radiator, 85 amp alternator, special shocks; all from the factory to help the Peaux Peaux. I did lose my mind, why on earth would someone restore that! I am moving to Retardsville, Fla. if they will let me. PS Looks like Europe appreciates US muscle. Thanks for the input. Stephen
Now B body anyone? $50k

IMG_0511.JPG

IMG_0493.JPG

IMG_0497.JPG

IMG_0514.JPG

First rule, you're lucky to get HALF of what you have into the car, unless you sell to a nitwit who doesn't know anything. Second rule, same as the first. I can appreciate the work involved, but these cars don't sell like flying Orange Chargers do. There is only a number of dedicated fans that want these cars, and they know what they are worth. The value of the 74 up C bodies aren't that high, as demand is low. Good luck with the sale, but if you're looking for $20k, it will be for sale for a long time.

The second car would look awesome going down the road, I'm sure a lot of folks will be scratching their heads at that one! That car might get closer to $20k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back