body plug kits...1969 chrysler 300

dmac01

Reaction score
Anyone know of a supplier for 69 c-body "body" plug kits? I see plenty of b-body kits...will those work? the floorboards needed some love and new body plugs are in order...

thanks,
Dave
20170826_125453.jpg

Most of the body plugs are the same yes, what will be different is how many of each. It might be worthwhile counting how many holes you have and what sizes then comparing with what comes in a packet for a Bbody.

Vans comes to mind, although most mopar part suppliers will offer them.
They don't rust, or wear out. If you don't damage them in removal then clean and reinstall them. Almost everyone who works on Mopars has a box full of them.

I've been looking and asking around for a few years, no one has a list of sizes, types or how many of each fo C bodies. I've compiled my own list based on the pugs I pulled out of my two parts cars, and what I could count and measure from my 300 convertible. I used this to look though the bins at Carlisle, but I have not yet gotten a chance to put them in, so I do not know if it is complete. I still have to add the front floors as well.

Body plugs:
Trunk: 6 @ 1 3/4; 2 @ 2 1/2; 2 @ 1"

Under rear seat: 2 @ 2"; 2 @ 1"

Rear Floor pans 4 @ 1 3/4"

thanks for all the info, i was pointed toward stephens performance in alabama, have yet to get an answer from them about c-body kits. Looks like I will just follow y'alls advice about counting up the sizes and ordering just those.

I appreciate the help!
Dave

Try Mr. G's Fasteners in Ft. Worth, Tx. at: 817-831-3510. They'll have 'um all. Just give them measurements and counts. Might want to pop ah few buckz for their catalog'z too? one for fastenerz and one for re-chromed interior plastic, Jer

I might be crazy cheap for doing this: but the company that originally manufactured the body plugs is still in business. If you only need a couple plugs they will send you a 3 pack of "samples" for free. They aren't all available anymore but a large majority of them are right on their website.

CAPlugs.com
Series Page - BPF

Side note, just think of how much $$ these shops are making putting together plug kits after seeing those prices!!

I sent Jim at DMT a list a while back as he was thinking of putting a kit together. (69 Polara, most should be the same)

Pictures of bumpers here
MrMopar.com!

2083111 2 23-32-15 PLUG, Floor Pan 2-1/2" Inverted, frame bolt access
2094985 8 23-32-15 PLUG, Floor Pan 1"
2189093 2 23-32-15 PLUG, Floor Pan 2-1/2"
2189098 9 23-32-15 PLUG, Floor Pan 1-3/4"
2424864 2 23-32-15 PLUG, Floor Pan 1-3/4" Thick
2480957 6 23-32-15 PLUG, Floor Pan 1" Thick
2484575 2 23-32-15 PLUG, Floor Pan D Shapped Quarter panel extension drains

(2189375) 2 23-32-15 PLUG, Floor Pan 1-3/4"
Guess on part number. Didn't pull plug and don't have a loose one. Same style as 2083111

(BP1/2) 2 23-32-15 PLUG, Floor Pan 1/2" Unknown part number as it didn't have one on it, only BP1/2
I included pictures of the bumpers and underhood straps.

Straps
8 of the black ones on the fenders.
1 of the white ones on the hood for the washer hose (this is the same as an A-Body harness strap)
3 of the loops on the firewall.
I have seen this kit being sold without the one on the hood.

Bumpers (numbers from the catalog, not from looking at the parts)

Hood (each x2)
The standard adjuster bumpers.
Side wedges 2898588 (not the same as A or B body, and those are different than each other? all look the same to me?)
Spring wedges 2949228
Rear 2786597

Trunk 2784714 (x2)
Rear plate (x2) ? couldn't find number
Front plate (x1) ? couldn't find number

Ash tray 2984548 (x2)

Glovebox, will need to look again, the catalog shows two different numbers but I only saw one bumper but that might be my own confusion on reading the catalog.
1943547 (x1)
729152 (x2)

Doors 2255231 (2 per door)

Alan

Most of us have bags of these, post what you need and we probably have them.

Alan

Thanks everyone, I ended up finding 10 count bags of the sizes i needed on ebay for pretty cheap...so I ended up buying them there. Both size arrived a couple of days ago...I have not tried to fit them yet but they look right lol. Total cost on both was about $20. Not expensive and didn't need to buy a bunch of extras that i don't need.

Dave

Thanks everyone, I ended up finding 10 count bags of the sizes i needed on ebay for pretty cheap...so I ended up buying them there. Both size arrived a couple of days ago...I have not tried to fit them yet but they look right lol. Total cost on both was about $20. Not expensive and didn't need to buy a bunch of extras that i don't need.

Dave
Welcome to the world of C-Bodies, buying a "kit" for one piece because nobody sells individuals, or buying extra kits just to get one more piece.

Alan

Back