Bombing around in the beater Imperial

Seeing any old car driving in the snow brings back memories of 20-30 years ago when them cars were everyday drivers.

This looked like a good day, I hope the parents were ok!:thumbsup:

Glad you got it out to enjoy - they use SO MUCH salt/de-icer here I can't venture out with that...... A lot of folks seem to think you HAVE to have front wheel drive to be out in the snow, but we learned to drive in snow on cars like this, and we did alright. Guess the weight helped to an extent......

Yeah I made sure to fill up so there was some weight on the back end. And I was also thinking about how back in the early 70s, this would have been just another day, most people drove big RWD cars.
My parents were doing just fine, thanks for asking Matt :)

I drove a Hemi powered Charger 500 for a couple winters...
Was freakin' awesome digging in snow..
Still have the car too....

Where in the old days I did have 4wheel pickups at times
never had an all wheel drive daily car till this past year....

I drove a Hemi powered Charger 500 for a couple winters...
Was freakin' awesome digging in snow..
Still have the car too....

Where in the old days I did have 4wheel pickups at times
never had an all wheel drive daily car till this past year....
How about some pic of that car?

Looking forward to having some more fun today in the old Imperial. Will be putting around 200 miles on it, heading out to Wyatts to drop off some parts and bench race. Apparently it looks like I'll be able to see the GT before it ships out. Although I'm really eager to see his progress on the Bro-ham, he had just begun replacing metal the last time I saw it.

Last edited:
Thanks Mike haha if you like seeing pics of it now, we will both be excited this year when I attempt to get it back to B5. Will have my hands full as I do my best to beat the quarters into a respectable shape and weld some repair patches into the roof.

I'll get some pictures of the Imperial today hanging out with Wyatt's collection.

Last edited:
Thanks Mike haha if you like seeing pics of it now, we will both be excited this year when I attempt to get it back to B5. Will have my hands full as I do my best to beat the quarters into a respectable shape and weld some repair patches into the roof.

I'll get some pictures today of the Imperial today hanging out with Wyatt's collection.

We need pictures!

Heading out now...
20190116_101448.jpg

How about some pic of that car?
Well,, blimpy-boy.. You have already seen it so you dunn need no pics..
Matt, that thing is parked in the back of my building and there is not much light there...
I could try next time I am there...

Well,, blimpy-boy.. You have already seen it so you dunn need no pics..
Matt, that thing is parked in the back of my building and there is not much light there...
I could try next time I am there...
I have a flash on my phone, I can take pictures for Matt in June...:rolleyes:

Well,, blimpy-boy.. You have already seen it so you dunn need no pics

Sheesh I didnt think I was allowed to get my phone out with all the top secret stuff going on :D

And from our vantage point, April and I could only see the rear window plug :p

Always a pleasure Paul! Thanks for letting me bomb around a bit in the Imperial! I need a driver again! Hopefully something will be driving by the time the snow melts and its cruising weather. The Monacucamonga is close. I just cant focus until the GT is safe and sound at it's new home and my wagon and donor shell is here at the Dodgemahal!

20190116_153345.jpg

20190116_152543.jpg

Resized_20190116_123736.jpeg

Resized_20190116_123738.jpeg

Resized_20190116_123739.jpeg

Back